SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Rush fans here?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Rush fans here? Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
I know there must be a few, as appreciation for German/Swiss precision has to carry over into music for some folks. I play in a Rush tribute here in Phoenix (I'm the guitar guy), and some of you guys will get a kick out of this. I can never figure out how to embed YT videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kgVtkB5pYc

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Very nice! Great playing!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah I really liked Limbaugh since first hearing him on a Sacramento station while stationed in NoCal.

Oh wait.......... not that Rush. Ops! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Yes! Good job sir! Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3927 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Click "share" then, "embed", then highlight and "copy" the address you highlighted. Click the "movie roll" icon in the SIGforum post screen and paste the item between the "FLASH VIDEOs"

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right on! Must be a hell of a drummer doing a Peart impression!

Posts: 473 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
One of the greatest that I regret never seeing. Your group does a great job!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
Very good indeed!!!

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Ok, how to embed?

Highlight and copy this text:

Click video icon. The Flash Video tags will appear.

Paste the copied embed data from youtube in between the flash video tags. Click post now to see your video.

Great job, and thanks for posting this, I love Rush!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1735 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
One of the greatest that I regret never seeing. Your group does a great job!

I was going to see them in 2015 when they came to MN. Had a hip replacement that had to be redone and I couldn't go. I had plenty of other opportunities to see them and should have.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1735 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Now I can embed more. LOL.

I saw Rush about 100x starting with the Hold Your Fire tour.

Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I Excellent work! I wish I could play an instrument. I’ve seen them a few times, last tour was Snakes & Arrows I believe? Such a shame about Peart.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. I haven't seen them 100 times, but I attended Distant Early Warning, Presto, Counter Parts, and the Vapor Trail tours. Another Rush cover group to check out is called YYNot.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Ok, here's one for the real old school die hards, not a radio hit this one.

posted Hide Post
I love Rush. Their catalog is unreal. I last saw them during their 40 tour.

A guy I work with plays in a Rush cover band. He is “Geddy Lee”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...cmhlYWQgcnVzaA%3D%3D

To any of the forum watch fans this is a good story of the drummer (Neil Peart) and his lost watch that was returned 10+ years later.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VtX2tCF7hEc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3924 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Man, those guys have the look and stage set up down pat.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
No, sorry I tried to like them but the lead singers voice just grated on my nerves. And I saw them twice back in the 70s with other bands. Musically they were great.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Yeah I really liked Limbaugh since first hearing him on a Sacramento station while stationed in NoCal.
Was it in Rio Linda? Big Grin

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Was it in Rio Linda? Big Grin

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/d..._those_in_rio_linda/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post