SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So have any FFL's here shipped under the new UPS rules?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So have any FFL's here shipped under the new UPS rules? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Or have you just been doing things as if you didn't hear about any changes? How's FedEx these days? I shipped a rifle this week through USPS but man, the rates were way higher than I expected.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I saw zero difference then to now.

As for prices, higher transport prices is good for the economy, right? Even though it adds nothing to the value or utility of the item?

Great job, President Biden.

You fucking putz.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
the rates were way higher than I expected.

'bout how much? if I may ask....

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Shipping across the carriers is way up. Why? Priced diesel recently? It was $5.45.9 here yesterday.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
What are the changes when did they come into play?

Shipped a few last week just as I have in the past and received many more with no discernible difference.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I shipped a 16# box, 36"x10"x10" from Florida to NY and it cost $150 with $4,000 insurance.

I remember shipping 20-25 pound boxes over 4 feet long across the country for maybe $130.

It costs me nothing, but I feel for my customers.

So is it true that the new agreement grants them access to your customer info, almost as much as an ATF inspection of your books? Or was that an overblown issue? I never received a notice from UPS about a new contract for FFL's, but then again, I've never told them I was a FFL.

Tony.

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So is the only way to ship a pistol now though an FFL?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
So is the only way to ship a pistol now though an FFL?

Yep. USPS won't ship handguns for non-FFLs, which has been the rule for a while. And starting just recently, UPS/FedEx will now only ship guns for a FFL.

But a non-FFL can still utilize a prepaid shipping label sourced through a FFL, like through ShipMyGun, or a RMA from the manufacturer for service.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Look into Pirateship for lower shipping rates.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I went to ups to return a scope to seller, when asked contents, I replied, "rifle scope"
Nope, can't ship it she says, new rules, no firearm parts. I say it's a telescope that could be mounted on my fucking steering wheel for that matter.
She was hung up on the WORD; rifle.
I don't even recognize my country any more?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmoid,

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Sigmoid, the image is too small for me to read anything. Can you post a bigger image, or email me a copy? My email is in my signature line.

I created a Pirate Ship account and will use that on my next shipment.

Tony.

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Sigmoid, the image is too small for me to read anything. Can you post a bigger image, or email me a copy? My email is in my signature line.

I created a Pirate Ship account and will use that on my next shipment.

Tony.

Tony,
Is that better?
I am still using photobucket and its a bitch, sorry

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
+1 on PirateShip, save a good chunk of money with them.

If I read the notice right it says you can’t send from Customer Center but can have it picked up? That doesn’t seem to make much sense.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

If I read the notice right it says you can’t send from Customer Center but can have it picked up? That doesn’t seem to make much sense.

I've been using Pirate Ship for a while and am impressed with the savings.

I was shipping a complete AR upper - 34x6x6 box - printed the label and had it all ready to go. Recalled I was receiving a UPS shipment (BTW, also gun parts) that day so figured "what the heck" I'll put it out and see if the driver takes it. He left my package and took my shipment. My buyer had it in the correct time frame.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
I've been using Pirate Ship for a while and am impressed with the savings.

+1 Same here

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
“schedule a pick up“ , that way we have more time to lose/steal it.

(And burn more fuel which is supposedly what has driven the prices up. If anything it should be the other way around, that you CAN’T schedule a pick up.)

As for USPS… last week I paid 10 bucks to “Priority mail” a letter, not far into they next state over.
138 mile drive. At one point it was about 20 minutes away from its destination. But they sent it west, for an additional 800 miles round-trip. Took six days to get there, on a tour of ten postal facilities, that’s what I got from my extra $9.44. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Tony,
Check your email.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What's an average cost for shipmygun to ship a pistol?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
I went to ups to return a scope to seller, when asked contents, I replied, "rifle scope"
Nope, can't ship it she says, new rules, no firearm parts.

UPS will no longer accept firearms parts from shippers that are not FFLs with a shipping agreement with UPS. That policy is now part of their terms and tariffs and on their website. Reading the terms and tariffs, there’s a number of things they won’t ship; snakeskin watch straps are specifically mentioned.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Nope, can't ship it she says, new rules, no firearm parts.

I sold a SuperSniper scope to someone and the original packing box I used still had SWFA tape on it. Resealed it, printed a Pirate Ship UPS label and dropped it off at the local (non-UPS) pack and ship place. They are very cool about letting you leave packages with pre-printed labels for pick up and have a table for UPS and one for Fed-Ex. Set your package on the correct table, say "thanks" and leave.

The trick is finding a way to avoid dealing directly with a UPS controlled entity.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post