SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Foodies divided over viral hack to re-heat your pizza
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foodies divided over viral hack to re-heat your pizza Login/Join 
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Marion Cobretti ate his leftover pizza cold and cut it with scissors.

With his gloves on too! (and thanks for the reminder, I think I'll through this movie in the DVD and give it a re-watch again)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Foodies"? That would be every living creature, ever, because without foodie you would be deadie. Hell, you wouldn't even be bornie.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
With his gloves on too! (and thanks for the reminder, I think I'll through this movie in the DVD and give it a re-watch again)

Do you keep your gun cleaning kit in an old egg carton?

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:

Do you keep your gun cleaning kit in an old egg carton?

No, but maybe I should? For some reason, Cobra is one of my favorite Stallone movies. The car or the Jatimatic maybe? Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
You’re supposed to reheat your pizza?? Guess I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.

Amen!

I have brought home pizza just to put the whole thing in the fridge to eat cold for breakfast.

Posts: 859 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I'm Bi Pizza,

as in hot or cold, good either way,

when I do warm up any leftovers, it goes in a convection/toaster oven for just a few minutes,

tasty,

and even more better with a cheap lager

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyrich:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
You’re supposed to reheat your pizza?? Guess I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.

Amen!

I have brought home pizza just to put the whole thing in the fridge to eat cold for breakfast.

Yep, I will sometimes microwave just a few seconds to get it to about room temp

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
We started using the fry pan deal awhile back and it's perfect. Next to zero clean up, relatively fast and pizza turns out almost the same as when it came from the pizzeria. Only issue is you can only do a couple of slices at a time unless you've got a gigantic frying pan. But no matter, with reheated pizza you're going for a small lunch or snack not a large pizza to feed a group.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Pizza does not have the appeal to me like it did when I was a kid. Plus, after having my gall bladder removed I get bad heartburn from it now. No need to heat up something I no longer eat.

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We've done the pan reheat sometimes, but sans the water.
Just enough to crisp up the crust & start warming the top then off it comes.

Me, I'll eat it cold/room temp from the box.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been reheating pizza with a fry pan for years. It's not a "hack" or "life hack" of any kind. Fucking Gen Z-ers are the biggest violators of doing things prior generations have done for years and thinking they're the first ones to do something no one else could have possibly thought of.

Heat a skillet and put the slices in the pan with a lid over it to capture the heat and warm the cheese. After a minute or two I'll flip the pizza cheese side down for 30-90 seconds to give it a little extra crisp. I'd argue it's better than when it comes fresh out of the oven. Can't wait for some dipshit 19 year old to do this and think they've invented fire.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Preheated oven on preheated stone for 5 or so min.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Can we please just stop using this stupid term "hack" or "life hack" every time someone comes up with some novel trick or shortcut? When did this annoying crap start? Makes me want to punch a midget every time I hear it or read it.

While not driven to violence, I agree on your distain for "hack" I also hold the term "haul" in similar distain.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
I've been reheating pizza with a fry pan for years. It's not a "hack" or "life hack" of any kind. Fucking Gen Z-ers are the biggest violators of doing things prior generations have done for years and thinking they're the first ones to do something no one else could have possibly thought of.

THIS

I try not to get too wrapped around the axle about such things but, it's a combination of amusing, head shaking and heavy eye-rolling when someone posts some technique or method, and then titles it as some revolutionary method. Just stop, unfuck the title, stop fishing for clicks.

As to the method, yes it works. Anybody that's worked kitchens or familiar with cooking, knows steam carries more heat than air, a couple of tablespoons or, an ice cube or, two, cover and whatever you're trying to reheat, is warmed through. It works for a lot of reheating and sometimes better than a microwave

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Air fryers or convention ovens reheat it nicely.

The microwave ruins it.

But I just eat it cold most of the time.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
We have an Infrared toaster oven that does a great job reheating pizza.
Microwave ovens ruin pizza. It's better cold than microwaved.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Put the leftover slices of pizza in a blender and puree it. It will take a few minutes and you may need to add a small amount of liquid (i.e., EVOO, H2O).

Add in some medicinal hemp powder and a few THC containing gummies. You can add Qreos or Cheetos in small amounts too.

Puree.

Drink.

Gives and cures the munchies.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"hack" Hack this, hack that. hack hack hack

So Goddamned stupid. Let's just get to it and call every possible human action a "hack" Roll Eyes

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Only ironclad requirement I have regarding pizza is that it is to be eaten with my mouth.
Everything else is needless detail.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I've tried just about all of them. Microwave is bad and frying pan is just ok. I finally tried the toaster oven with the setting you would use to make toast. That was the best result so far. But cold pizza ain't bad either.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post