SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Foodies divided over viral hack to re-heat your pizza
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foodies divided over viral hack to re-heat your pizza Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“It has been dubbed 'the only way to reheat pizza well' and promises to leave diners with a crispy base and gooey cheese - but it appears some people are taking a firm stance against the viral 'frypan method'.

The re-heating hack became popular at the end of 2022 when it first surfaced online - with keen pizza lovers claiming they would never heat pizza up in the microwave again.

The method involves placing a slice of pizza in a frypan before adding a few cubes of ice or a splash of water and popping the lid on. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/11841781

I’m skeptical. My method to reheat pizza: I use my old Breville Smart Grill.
https://a.co/d/glh6AYb

Both the upper and lower plates heat. The upper plate can be set to hover an half inch or so over the top of the pizza. Sooo much better than a microwave! Melty cheese, and no soggy crust. And fast and easy. I put a piece of non-stick aluminum foil over the bottom plate for negligible cleanup.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
You’re supposed to reheat your pizza?? Guess I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
You have leftover pizza?

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Few minutes in the air fryer works fine enough.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Microwaving pizza is an unholy disaster.

Cold pizza is fine.

If you want it hot, I have found a 450-500* convection oven (direct on the rack so there’s airflow to the bottom of the crust) to produce excellent results - almost as good as actual fresh and better than pizza that has sat around in a delivery warmer.

The Breville convection toaster oven I used to have was FANTASTIC at this (on the super convection setting, which is basically an air fryer - Nismo has the right idea), but even a normal home convection oven does very well.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

This…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Nope,the ultimate in reheated pizza is when you leave it on the dashboard in the box and forget to take it in and refrigerate it.

Next morning, you wonder what you did with it, realize it’s still in the car, a 64 Plymouth. Open said car and realize,that the sun beating through the clear windshield glass has now gently heated the pizza to perfection.

Remove said pizza, procure a cold Coke from the refrigerator and have breakfast.

That was a long time ago, circa 1970.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8103 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
The method involves placing a slice of pizza in a frypan before adding a few cubes of ice or a splash of water and popping the lid on. …”

That is basically the same method to cook pot stickers or gyoza with similar results.

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
Air fryer baby

Posts: 622 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the air fryer!

Forgive me for straying slightly off-topic, but here’s my “Pizzalosophy”…

Pizza is the perfect food.
You can eat it hot or cold.
You can it for dinner.
You can eat it for lunch.
You can eat it for breakfast.
You can eat it for a snack.
You can get it with meat.
You can get it without meat (Why??)
You can even cover all 4 food groups.
You can share it or eat it all by yourself.
You can go get it or eat it there.
They’ll even bring it to you.
Perfect… Big Grin

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Toaster oven with the dial set to noon. Push start button. Simple.

There's a video somewhere of some Noo Yawk Ehtalyin going on about how this is the method his grandfather from It'lee taught him and it's the only way a real Ehtalyin should reheat pizza. Whatever. I agree the microwave isn't a great way to do it, but it's leftover pizza: It's fresh out of the oven once, and then after that....

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love it cold and have never reheated it. It's already cooked, why cook it more?
I don't reheat any food come to think of it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Can we please just stop using this stupid term "hack" or "life hack" every time someone comes up with some novel trick or shortcut? When did this annoying crap start? Makes me want to punch a midget every time I hear it or read it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
What have you got against midgets?

I hate it when someone wants to beat up someone smaller than them just because they're upset. Why don't you want to punch a bouncer?

Makes me want to throw a rock through a store window.

Wink

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Can we please just stop using this stupid term "hack" or "life hack" every time someone comes up with some novel trick or shortcut? When did this annoying crap start? Makes me want to punch a midget every time I hear it or read it.
oh my. You can’t say midget anymore. You have to say African American or something.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:

This…

We utterly agree the air fryer is best.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
You’re supposed to reheat your pizza?? Guess I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.

Me too.

Next, they'll say that leftover pizza is not on the approved breakfast food list....

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Marion Cobretti ate his leftover pizza cold and cut it with scissors.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
For normal lifestyles, it’s hard to beat an air fryer. For, say, a college type lifestyle, pizza is best cold out of the box off the coffee table at around 7:30 am Razz

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
oh my. You can’t say midget anymore. You have to say African American or something.

Vertically challenged?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8103 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post