Member
| quote: Originally posted by sigspecops: That's amazing! How long did it take her from beginning to end?
Thank you! I’ve started on July 2nd and took a 10 day break for another project. All in all I’ve worked on it for 2 weeks, Sometimes my eyes strain or I need to contemplate the next step. Also there is wait-time for glue or paint layers to dry. This bird has more than 30 very thin layers of transparent paint to get a very vibrant effect. I love every aspect of this project |
| | |
Member
| quote: Originally posted by bald1: Oh my word! Christine continues to raise her bar with truly magnificent exquisite creations. This is absolutely stunning!
Thank you very much, Bob! This has been such a joy to learn during the last 2 years. Half of the fun is just how much people appreciate the birds. At art shows we hear lots of great bird-stories and bird-encounters from patrons stopping in the booth. Good to hear from you! |
| | |
The Ice Cream Man
| We…. Out of curiosity, how much would something involving an bald-headed eagle and an ice cream cone run…
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
|
| | | Posts: 6918 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007 |  
IP
|
|
Donate Blood, Save a Life!

| Beautiful work, Turning_gal. You have great talent.
***
"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca
|
| | |
Member
| quote: Originally posted by Aglifter: We…. Out of curiosity, how much would something involving an bald-headed eagle and an ice cream cone run…
I am honestly not too sure… It would take at least a month or two. Probably 2K or so. I hear experienced carvers get 6K and up. Would be happy to keep the lights on at 2K and enjoy my job. |
| | |
Member
| Your wife has unbelievable talent. That is a beautiful work of art. |
| | |