SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My wife does it again - Blue bird carving
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife does it again - Blue bird carving Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted
Well TurningGal has scored another winner! She was commissioned to carve a Blue Bird for a friends birthday. Sadly she missed having it ready in time, it turned out to be much more work than expected.

The Bluebird, flowers and leaves are all carved from Tupelo, the base is Turkish Walnut from Istanbul, Turkey. The bird is mounted on a piece wood normally used in aquariums.

Enjoy

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
GORGEOUS Eek

Posts: 2834 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. She has serious skills.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, This is beautiful
She's very talented.

Posts: 17 | Registered: May 26, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

The extra wait time to get it right

was worth it

RC

Posts: 1942 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Jiminy Christmas, that’s fantastic! Absolutely incredible.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is something special, exquisite !

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Amazing talent!!

Honestly, I have a hard time just visualizing stuff like that in my head. To carve something like that out of wood is just unbelievable to me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12750 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
It's a very beautiful piece of work. You have a very artistic wife. Congrats!

Posts: 1462 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Oh my word! Christine continues to raise her bar with truly magnificent exquisite creations. This is absolutely stunning!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! My compliments to your wife!! That’s awesome.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nice. Talent indeed.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's amazing! How long did it take her from beginning to end?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3544 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Amazing! That's fantastic work, be sure to compliment her! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 8643 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
You need to quit your job and become her full time agent. She is very talented!!!

Posts: 12473 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34133 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work!

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Skills!

Posts: 12936 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
wow nicely done!!!

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post