SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for a bathroom faucet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for a bathroom faucet? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It's time for a replacement. I need a 4" center set (I think). I favor separate hot/cold controls and I don't want knobs. Levers are better.

Who do we like? Pfister? Moen? The wife has a Pfister in her bathroom but it's no longer offered by the company.

I kinda like the tall faucet kind. You can get a big water cup under one of those. It doesn't have to be fancy. It needs to be durable. I don't need any touch-to-activate stuff or anything like that. A man's faucet, dammit.

Under a hundred bucks. Thanks.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
This is a Delta Foundations it's their basic line but I haven't had problems with their Foundations stuff.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Delta...om-Faucet/1002966820

Moen also makes good stuff.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Moen-...with-Drain/999982030

Another Delta

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Delta...om-Faucet/1002967640

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Moen-...nk-Faucet/1003010954

Chrome is ussally the least expensive but sometimes with sales stainless is cheaper.

I like Delta, American Standard, Moen, and Kohler.

All make good stuff.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that first one is nice.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We have these (or very similar) in our master bath, no complaints
Already installed by the PO. Ours are the dark finish.

https://www.jacuzzi.com/en-us/...ead-faucet/MP45.html

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Delta or MOEN are the top of the line.

My dad always got Delta but the Moens were the same price at the supply house. I just ordered a new cartridge for my sink (delta) free, because I’m the first owner. Our water is garbage and there’s shit in the lines and that’s what scratched the insides of the cartridge.

You can’t go wrong with either

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Boss, I redid a bathroom and used all Grohe products at the suggestion of my plumber. They are top notch and then some. They were definitely worth the investment and they actually became a selling point when I sold the house.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Stay the fuck away from Price-Pfister.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I’m with you on the height. I can’t stand bathroom faucets where I can’t get my hands fully under the water. You end up twisting and waving your hands under the faucet like you’re casting a goddamn spell and end up touching the back of the sink. Yuck.

We have ones from the widespread category (Descanso) in our bathroom:

https://www.calfaucets.com/bathroom/faucets

They have many variations of each model. They also seem to be US-based. I had to contact them one time because of a bad shower valve; they responded very fast and sent me out a brand new one for free. No other issues.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I haven’t been impressed with Kohler product. Good CS. They’ll replace entire faucets at the drop of hat. Problem is: The number of times we’ve had to rely on it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go with Moen, needed parts for 30-year faucets, they sent out parts or replacement faucets for free.

Had the replacements in three days.

Hundred of choices.

They have my email and send info on sales a couple of times a month.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whododat:
Boss, I redid a bathroom and used all Grohe products at the suggestion of my plumber. They are top notch and then some. They were definitely worth the investment and they actually became a selling point when I sold the house.

Grohe fixtures are REALLY nice and certainly factor into home value when selling. I recently was helping my friend who was installing Hansgrohe fixtures in his house, told me the backstory of the families and the dynamics, where Grohe is more classic design whereas Hansgrohe is more contemporary, both exceptionally high-quality products I'll have to consider when remodeling comes up.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Grohe and Hansgrohe are top notch, but they are not in the budget range, a comparable Grohe is over $300 MSRP... however, I agree it's viewed as an upgrade and what we put in when we remodeled the kitchen and what I'll replace faucets with as needed in bathrooms.

You can't go wrong with Moen, CS is good, quality is there, well made, great history and available online or at any big box retailer.

Anywhere from $50 to $150, you can set the parameters on the search page below

Moen Faucets Link

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever brand you get, try to get one with an aerator screen in the discharge end. It helps break up the stream so water doesnt splash all over. I thought they all had that but apparantly not.

We got a couple of Kohler faucets that dont have the screen. Whenever you wash your hands it splashes water in a 3 foot circle around the sink. Annoying to say the least.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, Delta will replace the cartridges for life - original owner s only...had to do this to my shower. Cheers.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
Whatever brand you get, try to get one with an aerator screen in the discharge end. It helps break up the stream so water doesn't splash all over. I thought they all had that but apparently not.
That's good advice.

The Delta faucet in this thread with the "WaterSense" stuff- I imagine that's an aerated flow

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Most (all?) faucet spouts are threaded and will accept an after-market aerator screen, very inexpensive at your local hardware store.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, I bought the first faucet recommended by comet24, the Delta faucet. I went to Lowes to take a look and their wall o' faucets is overwhelming.

I'm certain there are many other fine choices but this will do just fine.

Thanks for the recommendations.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
You'll be happy with that design.
I'm missed contributing to this thread earlier but FWIW we replaced a bathroom faucet in November 2020 with a similar design. This one has an easily removed screen to facilitate cleaning off hard water deposits which was a major plus for us.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's a nice choice, boss. And Delta is a very good brand. I would pick the same thing if I needed one.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38676 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Nice. I like the satin finish better than the shiny chrome.

You shouldn't need this for many years, but when you do, Delta will send you any repair / replacement parts at no charge, just be sure to record the model number and purchase date where you can find it if you need it.

We have had a Delta faucet for the kitchen sink for maybe 20 years. Manufacture discontinued for that model, but over the years they have sent me a couple sets of O-Rings when it started to leak, and a complete soap dispenser assembly when the plastic bottle developed a crack. Good customer service.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post