SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pool Party with DRY ICE went HORRIBLY WRONG
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pool Party with DRY ICE went HORRIBLY WRONG Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27987 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Not cool. Not cool at all.

Well actually it is. If memory serves me correct it about -110F

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53221 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Dude that jumped in was probably suffocating as they were still filming. Morons...Simple. Morons.

Yup..that's what I thought. Dude went in, I saw some arms and then nothing.

Live and learn..oh, wait....

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Not cool. Not cool at all.

Well actually it is. If memory serves me correct it about -110F

Hence the joke.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
Must be a Russian thing

Crazy Russian Hacker makes an air-conditioner using dry ice.

Posts: 625 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^

подержи мое пиво

Big Grin

I'd think it'd be.

Подержи мою водку

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34133 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
She was a pharmacist, right? I guess Russia does not require basic chemistry to be taught to their future pharmacists. Good grief.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5049 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
What is Russian for " Hey, hold my beer and watch this !" ?

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgrdvm:
What is Russian for " Hey, hold my beer and watch this !" ?

Look on page 1.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
The “smarter the cell phones” have gotten, the “dumber the kids” have gotten because of “social media influencers”.

Are they really dumber, or do we just get exposed to more dumassery than we would have when your buds couldn't record your stupidity and blog it to the world... due to the "smart phones"

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
An Instagram "Influencer" huh?

Too bad she didn't suffocate too. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
The “smarter the cell phones” have gotten, the “dumber the kids” have gotten because of “social media influencers”.
Are they really dumber, or do we just get exposed to more dumassery than we would have when your buds couldn't record your stupidity and blog it to the world... due to the "smart phones"
I believe it is BOTH. It's the advent of the internet and social media; it's lowered the IQ of MILLIONS. We did stupid shit as kids, but there was no one around to neither film our stupidity nor post it on something that wasn't even invented yet. Worst case scenario is someone might...MIGHT...have had a Super 8 movie camera to film our buffoonery and enjoyed the home movie in the comfort of their home.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see Darwin is alive and well in Russia!!

Posts: 1549 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that Carbon Dioxide is not toxic... the problem was it just displaced the oxygen in the room....

Same with natural gas and propane... people think it is toxic because of those old movies but in reality it is not.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dude that jumped in was probably suffocating as they were still filming. Morons...Simple. Morons.

Yep, probably calling for help with his last gasps of life but his friends could not hear him over their celebration cheers.

Pretty sobering to see that.

Posts: 3493 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
The chilling incident occurred at a Moscow sauna...

Oh, how clever. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't Don Herbert ( Mr. Wizard ) cover this in 1962 ? I need a medical opinion to chime in, were they just asphixiated ? If a guy was done with life, would this be pretty painless way to ......" Go out" ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54686 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
The article claimed the woman was a pharmacist, the husband had some degree of higher education? They proceeded to pour an entire crate of dry ice, filling the entire closed room!

That is a shit-ton of dry ice. How in God's name did none of the adults, who had some education (obviously not) miss the concept this was horrible-stupid? Dry Ice is sometimes used in much smaller amounts to preserve blood products, even organs for transplant.

I get that Smart Phones dumb down the users, that to get noticed only extreme's make the cut. But they had to have known it was seriously wrong - otherwise why make the stupid joke about being dead already?

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
Ekaterina Didenko, an Instagram blogger with over a million subscribers

Because of course. Anything for more social media clout.

I wish we had a planet ready to go. I’d pay with my tax dollars to move all these fuckers off the planet onto another planet. Give them each an idevice and let them start their own civilization, and leave Planet Earth to the sane. We could get rid of narcissism in one fail swoop.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post