SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Zemarcuis Tries to Steal Plane to Attend Rap Concert
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zemarcuis Tries to Steal Plane to Attend Rap Concert Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
Texarkana Gazette
August 1, 2018

"Police: Man tried to steal plane for concert

A man arrested at the Texarkana Regional Airport on July 4th allegedly told investigators he intended to fly a stolen plane to a rap music concert in another state.

Asked about his lack of training as a pilot, Zemarcuis Devon Scott, 18, allegedly told Texarkana, Ark., police that he didn't believe there was much more to the task than pushing buttons and pulling levers , according to a probable cause affidavit used to create the following account.

It was about 2:30 a.m. when airport security personnel contacted police about seeing a man jump a fence and attempt to enter an American Eagle twin-engine jet. By the time officers arrived, the suspect, later identified as Scott, had gotten onto the small commercial plane and closed the door behind him.

When officers shined a flashlight into the plane's cockpit from outside the jet, they could see a man sitting in the pilot's seat with his hands below the window and out of direct view. Fearing for their safety, an officer drew his weapon and ordered the man to keep his hands up where they could be seen.

When the suspect turned his gaze toward the officers, two of them allegedly recognized Scott from past encounters. Two of the three responding officers got the plane's door open while the third continued to monitor Scott until he could be taken into custody.

On Monday, Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Chuck Black formally charged Scott with commercial burglary and attempted theft of property with a value greater than $25,000. Both offenses are felonies punishable by three to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

Scott is being held in the Miller County jail with bail set at $25,000. The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carlton Jones. A date for Scott's arraignment on the charges hasn't been scheduled but he is expected to appear in court later this month."

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was about 2:30 a.m. when airport security personnel contacted police about seeing a man jump a fence and attempt to enter an American Eagle twin-engine jet.

Multi-engine jets......what could be simpler to fly?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
It was about 2:30 a.m. when airport security personnel contacted police about seeing a man jump a fence and attempt to enter an American Eagle twin-engine jet.

Multi-engine jets......what could be simpler to fly?

In the dark.

He probably doesn’t know where the universal key holder is on every plane.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I think you guys are making much to much of this. I'm sure Zemarius had his iPhone, and YouTube surely has a video on how to fly a jet. Nothing to it. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
^^^^Silly, it's in the tail pipe or over the sun visor. Sheesh.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I think you guys are making much to much of this. I'm sure Zemarius had his iPhone, and YouTube surely has a video on how to fly a jet. Nothing to it. Wink

Sure. Find a Youtube that tells you where the keys are kept on every airplane.

Only pilots are allowed that info. Not even John and Martha will tell you that.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the helicopter chase in the new Mission Impossible movie.

The character Ethan Hunt gets in a helicopter mid-flight, boots the pilot, hops in the seat and then figures out how to fly it.

The irony is Tom Cruise not only can absolutely fly that bird, but he was doing the stunt flying for the scene and had to "act" like he didn't know what he was doing. Wink

Anyway, no way you can hop in a twin turbine AC and just figure it out and especially not a helicopter!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter: Multi-engine jets......what could be simpler to fly?

Nuthin' to it. Just do what you normally do in a single-engine jet, but do it twice. Pfffft. Easy.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Must've been a fantastic concert.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If he had gotten the aircraft to make a loud whistling noise, he would have made the rap show.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I recall reading about a young thief who would steal planes. Kid was a teenager with no experience and no pilots license. I believe he crash landed the first couple and basically taught himself to fly. He wasn't stealing jets.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'm curious if Zemarcuis had gotten far enough along in his planning to figure out where he was going to land the plane. And how he was going to navigate to that destination. Just doesn't seem like Zemarcuis really thought this through.

And I really think he needs an apostrophe in his name somewhere. Maybe Z'emarcuis or Zem'arcuis.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
I recall reading about a young thief who would steal planes. Kid was a teenager with no experience and no pilots license. I believe he crash landed the first couple and basically taught himself to fly. He wasn't stealing jets.

You're probably thinking about this guy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colton_Harris_Moore
He became kind of a folk hero in Washington.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:

You're probably thinking about this guy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colton_Harris_Moore
He became kind of a folk hero in Washington.

Jim

Thanks Jimbo. That's the kid. I'm no fan of a thief, but I was a little impressed.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
^^^^Silly, it's in the tail pipe or over the sun visor. Sheesh.

Nah- it’s in a magnetic hide-a-key holder under the wheel well...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Magnesty
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:...
He probably doesn’t know where the universal key holder is on every plane.

Keys are above the sun visor...

Magnets don't work so good on the aluminiums.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I am definitely not the “soft on crime” type, but this gentleman is obviously mentally challenged.

I don’t know of any other arrests or circumstances that could change my thoughts, but if this is his only incident I believe community service and probation would be appropriate (just based on story). He had zero chance or ability to succeed in doing anything.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Siri was his co-pilot.

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
I am definitely not the “soft on crime” type, but this gentleman is obviously mentally challenged.

I don’t know of any other arrests or circumstances that could change my thoughts, but if this is his only incident I believe community service and probation would be appropriate (just based on story). He had zero chance or ability to succeed in doing anything.

My experience with thieves has been with folks about as intelligent as Zimarcuisitiness.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Could not take off because the last guy who flew the plane unplugged the x-box controller and took it with him.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post