SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marilyn Mosby loses primary in Baltimore
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marilyn Mosby loses primary in Baltimore Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2...atic-primary-n484699

Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby lost her reelection bid to defense attorney Ivan Bates in the Democratic primary after she was indicted by a grand jury on federal charges alleging that she used coronavirus hardship as a reason to take money out of her city retirement account.

The Associated Press called the race in favor of Ivan Bates, a defense attorney, on Friday night. Bates is a former prosecutor in Baltimore who served from 1996 to 2002 before becoming a defense attorney.

Mosby, a Democrat, directed her office to stop prosecuting offenses such as drug possession, prostitution, urinating in public, and more during the coronavirus pandemic in an attempt to stop the virus from spreading in jails and prisons.

There seems to be little reason that Mosby lost the election other than the multiple ongoing corruption investigations into the affairs of her and her husband, City Council President Nick Mosby. Voters didn’t seem to be all that upset about her terrible job performance when she stopped prosecuting almost all nonviolent crimes, despite the fact that prosecuting crimes is pretty much the definition of her job. They didn’t seem particularly incensed over the way she spent eight years at war with the city’s police, hounding them more fiercely than the gangbangers who control the streets most evenings.

But over the past two years, the endless headlines seemed to have become too much for the voters. It was all too embarrassing. She’s been charged with fraud, perjury, and corruption. She and her husband didn’t bother paying their utility bills for years at a time despite making enviable salaries on the taxpayers’ dime. They both allegedly played fast and loose with the campaign funds they raised. Marilyn Mosby was getting dragged into court more often than some of the criminals she was elected to prosecute.

Why would they supposedly do all of that? Because this is Baltimore that we’re talking about. Democrats own and operate the city and many of them have treated the municipal coffers like their personal piggy banks. It’s simply part of the culture and many of them have gotten away with so much of this activity for a long time until it became too obvious to ignore anymore and they finally faced prosecution. (Two of the city’s last five mayors wound up going to prison and another messed up her job so badly she didn’t even bother attempting to run for a second term.)

Posts: 19604 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mosby, a Democrat, directed her office to stop prosecuting offenses such as drug possession, prostitution, urinating in public, and more during the coronavirus pandemic in an attempt to stop the virus from spreading in jails and prisons.\
Sure, that's why she did it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Kim Foxx next?? Another Chicago criminal released from County on a gun charge had a gun battle with two Chicago cops, wounding one.

Posts: 17277 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Don't be in such a hurry to move on from Mosby - let's see where the criminal charges go. At this point all progressive hero DAs seem to be getting kicked out of office under the weight of their own mistakes.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is Kim Foxx next??
One can only hope.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The tide is finally turning against all these woke morons, it’s about dammed time!

Posts: 33867 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, good.

Is this guy going to be any better?

Posts: 5166 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the schmuck took the room temperature challenge...

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is Kim Foxx next?? Another Chicago criminal released from County on a gun charge had a gun battle with two Chicago cops, wounding one.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Range

Not likely.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8393 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the walls closing in on that crooked POS Mosby.

That said is Ivan Bates going to be any better? Or will he be a distinction without a difference? Serious question, I don’t know the political characters in Baltimore as it isn’t my home turf.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marilyn Mosby loses primary in Baltimore

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of DA's have been coming from the defense particularly the, public defender side of the legal table.

Unfortunately, many of them, SF's Boudin and Philly's Krasner being the most dubious examples, could never shake the ideology of the public defender and carried that mindset over to the District Attorney office.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Mosby is a piece of work. She was the one who instigated the whole Freddie Gray shit, and I think the LEOs involved still have a suit against her.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post