SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any Experience With Ford Edge?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Experience With Ford Edge? Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
Test driving a 2017 Edge for the wife today. It is AWD, with only 12k miles.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I bought my wife an 07, the first year Edge, SEL, she drove it until 2016 and over 100+K miles, our only expenses were tires, gas, oil and brake pads.

Finally convinced her to trade up to a New Lincoln and it took quite a while for her to agree, and then get over the Edge, for a first year vehicle it was excellent, narry a problem...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mailman has one he uses on his route. He likes it and the stop and starts has to be hard on it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had an '08 with about 150k that we traded in on a '17 AWD Edge. Have it about 10 months so far and about 8k in milage. So far, 2 minor things, the rear cargo hatch seal was rubbing and sticking to the hatch which would prevent it from closing completely with out a solid "slam" of the door. Resolved by dealer replacing gasket under warranty. Second issue, why in seems to be common, there is a housing under the front passenger area that protects a part of the underbody that the clips/screws become loose and a faint plastic rattle is heard. About 6 months ago we heard it and was taken care of, well last week the wife informed me it's back....

Other then that and the odd way the wipers articulate when the wipe the windshield, we like this one and the original.

Posts: 679 | Location: MA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had two...or was it 3 of them. It was a great vehicle. We loved it. Great traction on snow, good ride and drove and handled very good.

Wife wanted something a little bigger so we got the Explorer now, but we would have gotten another. I took a friend a ride in my first Edge and he has had them ever since then.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2.0Ecoboost, NA V6 or EcoBoost V6?

Our Flex is the NA V6 & we've been happy with it.
90k miles & no major issues. A dead battery & tires is all it's needed.
It does get an intermittent power steering fault that a restart clears. Haven't had time to get it checked out.

I drove the Edge Sport EcoBoost 2.7 before & it was nice, but I didn't care for the lane keep assist, and it felt a bit underpowered compared to my F150 with the same engine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a 2010 Edge Limited that I bought, used, from a large Ford dealer in my area.

Prior to purchase I took it to the independent maintenance shop that services all my vehicles, and paid for a thorough pre-marital exam. He found a few items that could have been costly to repair.

I brought his list to the selling dealer and told them that I would pay their asking price, no haggling, if they rectified the faults found during the inspection. They did so, and we closed the deal.

That was a year and a half ago. The vehicle has been trouble-free with one mysterious exception: one morning, a few months ago, I found the battery dead. No explanation, I did not find anything that had been left on overnight. I charged the battery and it has been fine since then.

The primary reason that I chose this vehicle was seating room in the driver's seat. I have long legs, 36.5" inseam, and of the very few vehicles that passed my legroom test, this was the most affordable.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
3.5 V-6

quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
2.0Ecoboost, NA V6 or EcoBoost V6?

Our Flex is the NA V6 & we've been happy with it.

I drove the Edge Sport EcoBoost 2.7 before & it was nice, but I didn't care for the lane keep assist.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I bought a '13 SEL 2WD, 3.5 V6.

It was low miles and owned by a Ford Executive's wife, so it has features you can only find on the Limited.

Only minor issues, one being the dash check engine light for the fuel evap system. These run the cap free system which was problematic. I have only to disconnect the battery for 1 minute to reset it. Recently I got the FIXD fault reading tool, so I plug that into the jack and hit the reset.

Other than that, I use it for work (appliance repair) and personal use. Rides real nice and gets @ 18mpg mixed city/Hwy which isn't bad in the SF Bay Area.

26mpg on the highway.

2WD allows me to not have the $$ bills for repairs should something go wrong and if I need a tire, I won't need to replace all 4.

Great vehicle!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a 2010 3.5 SEL fwd. Bought in 2012 with 20K. Last year (with 75K miles on it) we traded it for a 2016 2.0 EcoBoost SEL fwd. It had 4K miles on it. Currently has about 16K.

Wife's daily driver. We've been more than happy. No problems at all. Both have gotten very reasonable mileage.

Good Luck

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
My mom has a 2017 titanium AWD. She absolutely loves it. I have driven it several times and it is very smooth and the brakes are very good. So far no issues. I would recommend. She has the 3.5 and it has plenty of power and gets decent mileage.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I leased a 2015 Edge for two years, the only problem was a defect in the drivers side pillar post, it was missing a gasket or something and flooded the front floor during a thunderstorm. Ford actually had a Tech Bulletin out on this problem for quite a few of these vehicles, dealer made all repairs including sanitizing the carpeting. Never had anymore problems throughout the entire lease.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Wife drives a 2015 Edge SEL with AWD. LOVE IT. Get a bigger engine than the standard one, though. We got the V-6 baseline, and it was sluggish and horrible to drive. I would step on the gas and it would go 'bleah.'

We got (IIRC) a 2.0 Ecoboost turbo. Great engine, great traction on ice and snow, I love driving it almost as much as my F-150. When it dies, we both want another just like it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21846 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I test drove one and ended up with an Escape.

The Edge was a V6 and it seemed a little sluggish while the Escape had more pep.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3481 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
2WD allows me to not have the $$ bills for repairs should something go wrong and if I need a tire, I won't need to replace all 4.

There is no reason to replace all 4 tires.
Have the new one shaved. Yup one will be replacing it at the proper time with the other 3 when they are ready to be replaced but no reason to replace all 4.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post