SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First boat!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First boat! Login/Join 
posted
Well, I just joined the club. I now have a hole in the water you throw money into! The addition The addition, in the garage where my truck belongs.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Cool! I love tiller steer aluminum fishing boats. I have a Lowe Jumbo 14 with a 25 Mercury. It goes about 32 MPH. I'd love to have a Lund Alaskan 18 with a 50 tiller on it.

Posts: 7470 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice! Hopefully just gas money for a while

Posts: 17901 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I wrote checks to the state for registration, the county for a trailer plate, the insurance company for a marine policy and bought a Bimini top for shade. Hmmm.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
Well, I wrote checks to the state for registration, the county for a trailer plate, the insurance company for a marine policy and bought a Bimini top for shade. Hmmm.

Use REC 90 (ethanol free) fuel always and always use stabilizer in the gas (I like Pri-g). The small 4 strokes have very small fuel passages and don't like fuel that isn't perfect, nor do they like to sit for more than a month at a time.......other than that.....enjoy it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Nice boat, congrats! Smile

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have not had a boat in years but love boating.
If I could catch fish, I would love fishing.

Enjoy it, they are peaceful.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Nothing like a new fishing boat!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5048 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Don't buy into the best day is when you buy and sell it. Everyday I take out my boat I love it even more.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3854 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Break Out Another Thousand

B O A T Wink

I have one too Smile Enjoy!

Posts: 5602 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Now I want one.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12747 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your acquisition of a hole in the water into which you shall throw your money Wink

But seriously, 80% of my best recreational times have been while in a boat. Lots of good memories of enjoying the outdoors year round, both day and night, catching fish, not catching fish, spending hours with a friend, a brother, a father, a nephew, etc.

Enjoy!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I have a 16' aluminum Sea Nymph with a 25HP Evinrude, and it has been a fantastic boat. It's small and light enough to get in and out of the water easily and allows me to fish the shallows, and simple enough that I can easily maintain it myself. Despite the stigma of being a money pit, apart maintenance items (changing the impeller every other year or so and a new battery) mine has cost me very little money to operate, and has been a blast for me and the family.

Best advice I can give is run Ethanol free fuel. It costs a bit more, but saves huge headaches in the long run.

Posts: 8629 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I'm still fishing out of my 1983 Alumacraft. A 14' modified V jon with some of my own upgrades. Great boats!

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a 12' Lowe with a 9.8 four cycle Tohatsu. Cheap to operate. It will plane with two, which is all it has room for.

Awake not woke

Posts: 569 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Ah, a gateway boat. Congratulations, you're doomed!

Enjoy it, and all the rest of them that are to come, safely and in good health.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12794 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nice! That shouldn’t be too bad to maintain. My first boat was a 16ft bow rider with a old two stroke outboard. I got lucky and other than chasing down a ground issue on the engine it was a stress free and inexpensive endeavor. Enjoy your boat! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Good on you. Enjoy!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1695 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Very nice.

Don't buy into the best day is when you buy and sell it. Everyday I take out my boat I love it even more.

I wouldn't think that to be true of a boat that fits in a garage.

Now, the 40' wood motor yacht my BIL bought to live on...what a leaky maintenance nightmare!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Very nice.

This is so true.

Next month my Mako 17 will be thirty years old. A special order with a Johnson 110 outboard. She's on her second motor and fourth trailer, but still very economical for the hours of enjoyment.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post