SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Have An Epson EcoTank Printer? Could Use Recommendation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Have An Epson EcoTank Printer? Could Use Recommendation Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have the HP Smart Tank model?

Looks like I can get a significant employee discount for an HP Smart Tank printer through my employer but not for Epson.

I've been mainly HP printers since 1998 when I last had an Epson so I'm not sure if the one brand is better than the other or is it all the same stuff now?

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I have the Eco tank 2850 model, came from Costco with “bonus” extra ink. Has worked without issue for 18 months so far with my Mac and AirPrint from iPhone, iPads.

Good to go.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Yeah, the new rip-off is making every one of the ecotank printers an all-in-one unit--so you have to buy a scanner/copier even if you just want something that prints.

They do make printer only units - at least in mono-chrome printing.
Like I said earlier I installed one for a client.
Don't know if there is the same for color or not.

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So I ended up going with an HP Smart Tank 7001 since I got a really nice discount via my employer and there wasn't one for the Epson. It's surprisingly fast printing and the print quality is pretty good too, almost laser-like. Setup was very quick and easy and the best part is that I'm not locked into HP replacement liquid ink.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Recent EcoTank L590 user here. So far, so good.
Using it with old W7 desktop and iphone and Samsung phone, no issues.

SIL couldn’t find an EcoTank and went with similar HP product also sold as W7 compatible. Turns out it requires some MS Edge component runtime and MS discontinued Edge support for W7 and there’s no fixing this. SOL.
Regardless, been always partial with printers. Eñson is for jet printers, HP is for laser ones and no the other way around.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12137 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post