SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A gun confiscation that happened in NZ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A gun confiscation that happened in NZ Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Read this yesterday. Maybe Mao Ze Ralph is imagining this to happen in Va.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/r...absolutely-chilling/

Raid on New Zealand Activist's Home to 'Ensure Compliance' with Gun Buyback Is Absolutely Chilling
BY VICTORIA TAFT 2020-01-14T14:46:43 CHAT COMMENTS

As Virginia citizens battle for their gun rights, an event on the other side of the world is giving them a hint of what they can expect if the state tries to take their guns.

In New Zealand, where they just implemented a gun "buyback" program, aka confiscation, which resulted in 56,000 of more than one million guns turned in, an activist is wondering what caused police to raid his suburban home filled with his wife and three young children.

BBC News - New Zealand: 56,000 #guns handed over during #amnesty https://t.co/CXfh33roiN #NZ #87RT #tweetuk #ukhashtags #atsocialmedia

— Ant Pope (@APBizOriginator) December 21, 2019
Dieuwe de Boer wrote a piece in Right Minds New Zealand in which he described the frightening raid. Police surrounded his house, knocked on his door, showed him a warrant, and tore his house apart for the next 90 minutes:

Half a dozen armed police officers swarmed in the front door (holstered sidearms only) as several more ran around the sides of the house. They later called for more backup as the house was larger than your average state-house drug lab. I got the impression that they'd never had to raid a middle-class suburban house like mine before. Everyone on the property was detained, read their rights, and questioned separately. I opted to call a lawyer who advised me to refuse to answer any questions.
What were the police looking for? A magazine for a ".22RL lever action rifle. Blued metal, brown wooden stock." He provided a photo of it:

(Dieuwe de Boer/Public testimony)
De Boer, a member of a gun club, had referred to this rifle in his written testimony against the New Zealand gun law:

I have uploaded to my website an image of my .22 calibre lever-action rifle, a low- calibre replica of the famous 19th century cowboy gun ("the gun that won the west"). If this bill is passed, this gun will become a prohibited firearm as the tubular magazine holds the industry standard of 15 cartridges. My .22 calibre semi-automatic would likely remain legal as it uses 10 cartridge detachable magazines. This is just one small example of how bad this bill is.
Now De Boer wonders if written testimony about guns will be used against you by police.

Asked and answered:

The officer told me I had posted about it online, which I had—in my public written submission against the Firearms Amendment Act passed last year. That submission was shared on several blogs and social media. I had used the firearm as an example to prove the legislation was not targeting "military style assault weapons" as the media, prime minister, and her cabinet repeated ad nauseum. The vast majority of firearms affected by the legislation were just like mine.
He says the cops didn't find the gun or magazine because neither was in his home.

The activist said he lives a very conservative life and has never urged people not to comply with the gun confiscation. He wonders if the police were making an example of him. Wonder no more. That goes for you, too, Virginia.

FACEBOOKSHARE TWITTERTWEET

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
This shif will get some people killed,on both sided of this gun grab here.

Posts: 22411 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
There are pictures in the link I posted, of course that didn't show up in my copy and paste.

Of course, the lying Democrats here would like an incident to happen, so they can use it for their agenda.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Makes me consider........which is the greater atrocity?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Dieuwe de Boer.
Born in The Netherlands.
Moved to Auckland NZ in 2002.

His words:
I'm the first of a new breed of young gun-totin', Bible-bashin', conservative family men fighting against left-wing regressives.

And his words again:
Anyone who has talked about, or publish an article of their grandfather’s .22LR pump/lever action, can also be raided.

Politically motivated actions by bureaucracy, by way of example? Surrender/hand in your firearms, or this will be you?

The facts:
- approximately twelve armed police raided the author’s property
- no name was on the warrant (NZ laws differ to US)
- the police used the author’s select committee submission as evidence
- the police suggested that if the author didn’t talk to the police there would be more raids
- the firearm in question was a Norinco .22 lr lever action (copy of a Winchester) ie NOT a semi-automatic

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
This is exactly why we have the second amendment. So the government can’t do this to innoce t citizens.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7964 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
unfortunately the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean shit until we remove the people who seem to think that the government owns the constitution and not the people

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53242 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post