SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Officer Rescues Man Stuck on Railroad Tracks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Officer Rescues Man Stuck on Railroad Tracks Login/Join 
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted
Her body cam footage shows last-second rescue. Video in the link.

https://www.abc10.com/article/...87-bb7a-081964b38d95

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SHIT!, that was close. Do a frame by frame of the video to see just how close.

“66-year-old man, hurt his leg” he’s lucky he didn’t lose his leg......or more. The wheelchair didn’t fare so well.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Wow! Serve and Protect about says it all.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"Oh Lord, stuck in Lodi again"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Thank God for LEOs! What an absolute hero!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure....THESE are the folks that need to be defunded/disbanded!!!! Idiots!!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
No matter what she did here, in the past, or future, she'll still be called a "Bastard" by the BLM Movement. Think about that for a moment and consider how it's applied to more than 700,000 officers nationwide. I'm sure her decisiveness and valor will be recognized by her fellow officers and members of the community, as it well should be. If there was a moment's hesitation, I sure didn't see it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
What selfless courage!
Thank you officer.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
This is what a hero looks like:

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Extremely well done officer. Well done indeed.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, without hesitation and very lucky she wasn't injured herself.

A shining example of why most of our law enforcement officers are serving.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The story made the national news this morning. I could be wrong, but I don't think pulling people out of wheelchairs in front of moving trains is something taught at the police academy. The whole thing took 15 seconds.

Well done Officer!

Posts: 10941 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olPPizF0cnw

Another video of LEOs putting their ass on the line for us. Yeah, let's defund them Roll Eyes My heartfelt thanks to all LEOs.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great job by the officer.

What was the guy doing on those tracks with his wheel chair?

Posts: 1010 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if perhaps he was intentionally on the tracks. Either way it doesn’t take away from the story.

Posts: 333 | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Given his position on the tracks I wonder if he attempted to cross the tracks and the wheel got caught between the rail and the road.

They said "leg injury" from the way he got hit and the look of his leg I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his lower leg.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post