SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Infra-red Saunas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Infra-red Saunas Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
Yes or no?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Researched them a few years ago, saw lots of info indicating they have many health benefits. Several said you need to get the right type of infrared for most benefits. They seem rather expensive, so decided to build one some time instead.

Posts: 2369 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Living near Little Finland as I do,, they seem to appear fairly frequently on the 'for sale' boards round here. I have an enclosed porch that a two seater would fit fairly easily.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We bought one 10 years ago or so. Used it for a while and now it sits.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
We bought one 10 years ago or so. Used it for a while and now it sits.

What are they like as far as being an adequate 'sauna'?

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
No one? There are no infra-red sauna owners (apart from mcrimm) on the forum?

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Rocky Mountain is who you want.
http://rockymountainsaunas.com/

The in-laws have one and are very happy with it. My father in law researches everything before buying and generally only buys the best.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Black, that's very helpful. I'll check them out. I'm interested in peoples' experience when using them as I'm only familiar with the traditional hot stove sauna.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I like mine, use it around 4-5 times a week in colder months and 2-3 times during warmer months. Really helps reduce aching injuries, both new and old. I have a two person and if I was going to buy one today I would go with a three person model.

Posts: 3952 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Evening

If i ever can get back to work and get some money coming in we are going to get an infra-red one.

My personal experience comes from using them at the gym. It has only been the last year or two that I found out about them and started using them. I have always used the traditional sauna and was just fine with it.

I like using saunas especially during the early spring and fall due these stupid allergies. Plus, they really help with all the injuries that I have inflicted on myself.

To me personally I feel a lot cleaner when I come out of an infra red sauna like when I was in Afghanistan. Plus I can breathe easier in them and stay in them longer. I get the same feeling in a traditional sauna as I did when I would work outside/direct traffic/foot patrol during those 16 summers in Virginia.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 18 years ago I bought a two-person one for our fitness room. I loved it and used it often. The dry heat was a little different than the steamer and maybe took a little longer to work, but I felt the results were comparable. I felt I could stay in it longer than I could with steam. I would stay in at least a half hour per time and could not do that with a steamer at the gym. Plus somebody would always come in a dump a pan of water on it and then leave. I had a deer farm and a feed business in the PA Poconos and it helped with sore joints/muscles and it helped me get past minor sicknesses. I don't know if it killed the common cold and flu but I felt like it did. Times changed, I had cancer and a stroke, sold the farm and moved to Texas. If the opportunity arose I would have another. Don't go cheap. The nicer ones have more heat pads per cubic foot. Get the right size for you. I'm a big guy and I knew my wife would never use it so the two person was adequate for me. I sometimes wish I could have laid down but it wasn't long enough for that. Too small and you will not be comfortable. Too big and will take forever to preheat. I loved the stereo/cd player in it but I never used the fancy lighting. It came in two big boxes and it took about two hours to assemble. The lack of maintenance and a simple outlet was why I picked it over conventional steam. Great choice.

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Thank you all!

posted Hide Post
Oh, one more thing, I got the Rocky Mountain 2 person. No regrets

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Yes, we have a Jaccuzi brand from Clearlight Sauna for now about year and a half. It is a two-person however we use is one at a time. Perfect for one person and love the speakers for music or watching videos. For three of us at home it gets used at least 3 to 4 times per week ... and when other daughter is home nearly once a day.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post