SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for safety razor accessories
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for safety razor accessories Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
My 30 yo son is going old school and for his upcoming birthday he has asked for a safety razor and everything that goes with it.

I am fortunate to have my grandfathers safety razor which is almost 100 years old and will give it to him but I am at a loss as to all the additional accessories that he’ll need.

Can anyone reccomend some good products?
Thanks

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
a good brush (badger which is softer, or boar which is stiffer), razor and brush stand, good shaving soap (I like D.R. Harris soaps), and a styptic pencil. He will need a sampler pack of blades so he can pick a brand that works best for him.

all of this can be purchased at www.Westcoastshaving.com.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
A dopp kit for travel?

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have recommended this soap here more times than I can count, and I will continue to do so. Mike makes some great products:

http://mikesnaturalsoaps.com/

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!
Going to order several options for him to try out.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Blades. Hard to shave without them. No one asked, but if it's a vintage WWI or later Gillette it will likely take standard DE blades, but if something else can be more problematic. Depending on the razor, could also be quite valuable.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post