SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    does this device exist? electronic messeger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

does this device exist? electronic messeger Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
If the employer gives $$ for the use of the personal phone if could potentially become a taxable benefit. To avoid this, the employee might have to produce the phone bill invoice page (not the detailed call list) to turn it into an expense and avoid taxes. Is the juice Wirth the squeeze?

So make it 25, and into the paycheck it goes.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2364 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BYOD arrangements can get tricky. My last employer was flirting with it for our laptops but the arrangement they were considering wasn't that well received. IIRC they would help with the purchase of a machine from their list of acceptables but then required remote access software be installed with which they could wipe the machine if they decided it was necessary (loss, theft, etc.) and exert some limited control over what was installed. Not too many of us were overjoyed at the thought of the company blowing away personal info whenever it tickled their fancy. I've since retired so not my problem any more. BYOD cell phones could conceivably have similar strings. If the company wants the employees to be reachable, make it happen. Cheap phones are inexpensive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Channeling Yogi:
quote:
Originally posted by FRANKT:
Cheap phones are inexpensive.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30704 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I am not completely fluent in Bendablese but it sounds like the owner of the company wants to send a text message to his employees.
quote:
Taylor sends delivery drivers out around four counties, two or three times a day , he needs to send messages to the drivers, but does not want to buy them phones,and almost never needs answers or responses.

If that's the situation, I can't see any reason why the employer would need to pay the employee anything. In fact, the employee's cell number ought to be in the personnel record, so it's not clear why anyone has to ask anything.

Taylor (presumptively the owner/manager) to George (one of his drivers) ->"Hey George. I will text you with instructions en-route. Have your cell phone handy and charged. If you want a paycheck, that is."

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just go to Walmart and get a half dozen of the $9.99 no-contract phones and pre-paid minutes cards. If the phone disappears you are only out a few bucks and the minutes cards are limited so there is no concern about an employee racking up large charges with personal calls.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I have owned every electronic communications device ever known to man. I don't know if they are still made, but what you seek is a two way pager.

It was a pager with a small keypad that could send and receive alpha-numeric text messages. I had mine back around 2000. Now that mobile phones have taken over texting, they have probably gone the way of the dinosaur.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15723 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post