SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unusual old barb wire type.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unusual old barb wire type. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Found this piece, very fragile, at the back fence of my property. Never saw any like it before and google is no help either.

Two interconnected strands... the wire that ties them together is integrated in the barbs.

I found it interesting...

Might make a man cave decoration mounted on an old board.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tetanus shot in...3...2...1!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ve never seen bob wahr like that either. Very interesting and unusual.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8970 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
bob wahr

LOL! Good one. You actually made me go back and look for type-o's in my OP before I saw what you did there!

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Tetanus shot in...3...2...1!

Lol.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a thread here quite awhile back about barbed wire types. A quick search did not turn it up, but it was pretty interesting.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that looks like a section of v-mesh horse fencing to me.
https://www.horsefencing.org/h...esh-horse-fence.html
Just about the best wire fencing, for any large critters.

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Can not tell you where to look but there are people that have barbed wire collections that date back to the early days since it was introduced and used....... some with very extensive displays....... happy hunting. ............................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2013 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you’re ever near LaCrosse Kansas there is a barbed wire museum that has more varieties of barbed wire than can be imagined. Samples from all over the world.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 333 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clipper1:
that looks like a section of v-mesh horse fencing to me.

Indeed it does, minus any barbs. I need to snoop around the back fence for more evidence!

posted Hide Post
I forgot which museum,where .
They had a display of two hundred and thirty types of barbed wire.

They had a two up horse drawn wagon,
That the wire salesman used to haul the samples in and take deposits for fence orders.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54655 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b:
If you’re ever near LaCrosse Kansas there is a barbed wire museum that has more varieties of barbed wire than can be imagined. Samples from all over the world.

I was just going to suggest reaching out to them. We have never stopped there but I bet it would be an interesting place to visit.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6323 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post