SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Army “Pinks & Greens” uniform returning ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army “Pinks & Greens” uniform returning ? Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted
It would seem that the US Army is going to have a throwback uniform soon. Current info is that a final decision will be made sometime in 2018.

https://www.military.com/daily...rm-all-soldiers.html

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2706 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I always thought making the Dress Blues as the ONLY dress uniform was a dumb idea and that white shirt that comes with it looks like ass.

What's with the male garrison cap (about 4 sizes too big) on the female Soldier??

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I wish they would throw in the Ike jacket as well.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like this uniform. It looks sharp, and a little less dressy than the blue uniform.

I do wish that the fatigues (or whatever they are called) should be reserved for field or working use - not daily wear and not when your job is an office.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Agreed!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I do wish that the fatigues (or whatever they are called) should be reserved for field or working use - not daily wear and not when your job is an office.

I was at a MEPS back in early 2000's for going back into the military via the ANG (they made me do the whole thing again) and I recalled the Navy, AF and Marine recruiters all were in their "B" uniforms and looked sharp as can be, then this Army guy walks in looking like he just woke up in his BDU's. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see it coming back! Always hated the dress blue uniform and the dress mess uniform as well. Still have the dress mess in my closet. Been retired 25 years and think this change is for the better. It does mean; however, more money out of pocket to make the eventual changeover.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
Ba'ah, the military has too many uniforms as it is.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
It's all good, maybe they'll have extra money since they cancelled the Interim Combat Service Rifle program? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Camper:
It does mean; however, more money out of pocket to make the eventual changeover.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4336 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domcintosh:

I was in the Army from 1991-1995 and during that period, the only thing they ever changed was the PT uniform. The Army of today seems like it makes big changes every other year now.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Navy tried Throwback Thursday but never went servicewide with it.

Honestly I think they did is so the (then) CNO could wear it (legally).

Services change uniforms every 5 years so another couple retiring Generals / Admirals can get jobs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not of the fan of the current ASUs, the pinks and greens do look much better. I don't want to have to spend hundreds on a new dress uniform though, they need to issue this to everyone if they want us to wear it. I don't get a clothing allowance.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yay! I sure hope so, I so love having to spend a ton of $ on uniforms for my part time job each time they change it! I only have to deal with new PT and combat uniforms at the moment, so pile it on! Roll Eyes

I also love how they had to change the shade of boot and the shirt color so I have to buy that as well, it isnt as if tan didn’t look just fine with the OCP.

Sorry for the vent...hooah for nostalgia! Big Grin

Note: JAG lawyer says I have to mention the views above are my own and do not represent the US Army or the National Guard.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“The brim on the service cap will be brown leather to match the shoes, he said.”

Although I agree that adopting the dress blues as the normal service uniform was a bad idea and like the look of this proposal, I have mixed feelings about going back to brown shoes. I clearly remember my father’s reaction to the switch from brown shoes to black and how much he approved of that. As he pointed out, black is black but brown covered a multitude of shades and therefore there was hardly any uniformity in boot and shoe color. He was also no fan of the Ike jacket, especially if the wearer wasn’t absolutely slim and trim.

It should be noted as well that the original “pinks and greens” was an officer-only uniform. Enlisted soldiers wore pants (or skirts) that were the same color as the tunics.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at least with the ASU, it took us from 2 dress uniforms to one and all officers as well as many enlisted already had it. I just bought a better fitting pair of pants and a couple more white uniform shirts, minimal expense.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What's with the male garrison cap

That's not what we called them.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by domcintosh:

Way too many.

Quit fucking around with such irrelevant bullshit.

One camo and one dress uniform are everything that's needed. It's not a fashion show.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Here he is:

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8378 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The USMC doesn't need to waste time and $ on BS like this.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What's with the male garrison cap

That's not what we called them.

Big Grin

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post