SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Army “Pinks & Greens” uniform returning ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army “Pinks & Greens” uniform returning ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What...Nobody wants to look like a bus driver?

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What's with the male garrison cap

That's not what we called them.

Big Grin

We called them bunt caps. Or something akin.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
It would seem that the US Army is going to have a throwback uniform soon. Current info is that a final decision will be made sometime in 2018.

https://www.military.com/daily...rm-all-soldiers.html

I would hope so with due respect to our US Army members. My grandfather’s dress uniforms from WW2 are so much classier than the puke green they have been wearing for decades.

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Again? How many uniform changes have there been? Given, dropping the Class A greens and going to dress blues made no sense.
So now they want another new uniform?
How about this: Spend the money and adopt a new rifle? On that I'll lol and not just annoy the enemy. Better, give the soldiers a raise.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What's with the male garrison cap

That's not what we called them.

Big Grin

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
The USMC doesn't need to waste time and $ on BS like this.

First off you don't have the budget, and second you already have more dress uniform combinations than anyone else. Wink

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Probably the sharpest looking Army uniform. Hope y'all had a "White Christmas".

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
The USMC doesn't need to waste time and $ on BS like this.

First off you don't have the budget, and second you already have more dress uniform combinations than anyone else. Wink

I'll admit you're right on both counts!

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post