SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The IRS Is About to Go Beast Mode The Schumer-Manchin bill has $45.6 billion to audit the middle class.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The IRS Is About to Go Beast Mode The Schumer-Manchin bill has $45.6 billion to audit the middle class. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Go after the wealthy Hollywood celebrities. Most are Democrats so it is killing two birds with one stone. Celebrity athletes could be another target.
Picking on the middle class is just not fair. As the article states they are afraid to target the welfare cheats.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ This entire Manchin deal stinks.
Tax increases, spending increases, and definitely NOT inflation reduction.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I thought they added thousands of auditors during the Obama regime to target taxpayers? I know we haven't been audited nor do I know anyone who has been. The WSJ likes to print stuff like this. Last I heard the IRS is way understaffed according to our accountant.

I know several CPAs primarily in tax practice. The IRS is understaffed and this is an attempt to correct that.

I am conflicted. The tax code sucks. But I don't cheat on my taxes and why should anyone else.

I'd love to have a rational tax code, but I don't like cheaters, either.

Do you believe that the IRS is apolitical in their application of “the law”?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's not as if the IRS ever fucks with taxpayers who don't share its childish political views. **cough**Lois Lerner**cough**

Oh, I'm sure this waste of taxpayer dollars is for the best. Yep Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Do you believe that the IRS is apolitical in their application of “the law”?

I'm trying to think of any federal agency which is apolitical. it's a short list so far. There are a few, but it's a short list.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://weartv.com/news/local/...purchases-by-the-irs

Congressman Gaetz introduces bill to prohibit ammunition purchases by the IRS
by Kai DavisFriday, July 1st 2022

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Northwest Florida Congressman Matt Gaetz introduced a bill Friday to prohibit the IRS from acquiring ammunition.

The bill entitled the "Disarm the IRS Act" would prohibit the IRS from acquiring, by purchase or otherwise, any ammunition.

Congressman Gaetz claims the IRS spent $725,000 on ammunition from March to June of this year. He criticizes the purchase by saying the IRS does not require ammunition, and has no reason to purchase it.

Only the Criminal Investigation Division of the IRS is permitted to carry guns and ammunition, according to federal law.

"IRS Criminal Investigation (CI) serves the American public by investigating potential criminal violations of the Internal Revenue Code and related financial crimes in a manner that fosters confidence in the tax system and compliance with the law," according to the IRS website.

Gaetz argues the IRS does not need to be armed in order to collect taxes from Americans.

"So here's the Biden plan -- disarm Americans, open the border, empty the prisons, but rest assured, they'll still collect your taxes, and they need $725,000 worth of ammunition, apparently, to get the job done," Gaetz said in an interview on Fox News.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­____________________________________

https://www.forbes.com/sites/r...xes/?sh=3bb01eb21f9e
IRS Has 4,500 Guns, 5 Million Rounds Ammunition: Paying Taxes?
Robert W. WoodSenior Contributor
Jan 14, 2019,08:42am EST

An official report says that at the end of 2017, the tax agency had 4,487 guns and 5,062,006 rounds of ammunition in its weapons inventory. So says this report published by the Government Accountability Office. The IRS isn't the only agency with guns, of course. Many federal agencies are reviewed and assessed in the GAO study, with this not exactly page-turning title: Purchases and Inventory Controls of Firearms, Ammunition, and Tactical Equipment (GAO-19-175) (Dec 13, 2018). It was also noted on the influential TaxProf Blog. Some of the guns the IRS has are not for the faint of heart, including a few fully automatic guns. Yes, those are machine guns. Only the Criminal Investigation Division of the IRS gets to carry guns. Compared to seeing gun-toting IRS Agents at your door, a correspondence audit doesn’t sound so bad.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about they focus on COVID fraud. I did not see a dime, but know lots of people that did. Good place to start after the celebrities.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Police State.... Weaponize all the agencies against the subjects. Nothing to see hear yo.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 03, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
An official report says that at the end of 2017, the tax agency had 4,487 guns and 5,062,006 rounds of ammunition in its weapons inventory.
Soooo ~1128 rounds per weapon, I mean, who doesn't have a case or two of ammo per weapon. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Pre election noise playing to their base

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am conflicted. The tax code sucks. But I don't cheat on my taxes and why should anyone else get away with it?

The biggest tax cheater in the world is our own government. The billions that were "sent" to Ukraine, the selling of Strategic Oil Reserves, the list goes on and on and that's just in the last 2 years.

Americans,especially conservatives, need to stop looking at their fellow citizens as the enemy. An over reaching government, of any kind, only goal is to divide us enough so we devour each other and let them get away with it.

Posts: 629 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sooma:
quote:
I am conflicted. The tax code sucks. But I don't cheat on my taxes and why should anyone else get away with it?

The biggest tax cheater in the world is our own government. The billions that were "sent" to Ukraine, the selling of Strategic Oil Reserves, the list goes on and on and that's just in the last 2 years.

Americans,especially conservatives, need to stop looking at their fellow citizens as the enemy. An over reaching government, of any kind, only goal is to divide us enough so we devour each other and let them get away with it.

Thank you for de-conflicting the situation. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Maybe the cocksuckers can finally refund me my 2020 overpayment.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pochahantas was defending the bill as the greatest in years. She lied by omission. No mention of the HUGE increase in the IRS budget or taxes for the middle class.
On another note the Dems have been running ads claiming that Republicans will ELIMINATE social security and Medicare within five years. More BS.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Sinema caved tonight.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Sinema caved tonight.

Politics as usual, they made her an offer she couldn't refuse.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sinema caved tonight.

Of course. Was there any doubt this would happen?

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Makes sense the D's are pushing this. A larger IRS will be a more effective weaponized agency.

The next Lois Lerner will have more tools at her disposal.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Soooo ~1128 rounds per weapon, I mean, who doesn't have a case or two of ammo per weapon. Razz

I'm not a particular fan of the IRS, but 1000 rounds per IRS-CI agent is actually pretty light. At my shop we burn through 500 per agent per year just on mandatory quarterly/annual qualification requirements, and that's strictly qualification... no actual training. Training consumption is variable, but usually comes close to another 500. And no, we aren't the cool kids. Add in the possibility that they're buying for multiple years (because when the perpetual Continuing Resolutions only fund you at 75% from quarter-to-quarter, you're out of pretty much everything except salaries) and the outrage by Congress is sensationalism and nothing else.

Wanna have a separate discussion about whether the IRS should exist at all, I'm all for it, but cheap-assing the tiny minority who pursue the legit criminal aspects of tax fraud is short-sighted.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Sinema caved tonight.

Politics as usual, they made her an offer she couldn't refuse.

I wonder where the carrot and the stick were inserted, respectively. Confused

quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:

and the outrage by Congress is sensationalism and nothing else.
*Horseshit*

quote:
Wanna have a separate discussion about whether the IRS should exist at all, I'm all for it, but cheap-assing the tiny minority who pursue the legit criminal aspects of tax fraud is short-sighted.

'Cheap-assing the armed agents' with only 725,000 rounds in 2022 alone Roll Eyes isn't really the point.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post