SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Prescott Arizona, advice; things to do/see/eateries help appreciated
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prescott Arizona, advice; things to do/see/eateries help appreciated Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted
Wife and I are headed to Prescott in a few weeks. I know there are Arizona folks here on the Forum. Looking for any thoughts on what to do, what NOT to do, any info the braintrust here can give is appreciated. Will have to do a follow up on the trip once were back. Thanks in advance.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1378 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Once one of my favorite towns in the West. I’m sure it’s still fun to walk Whiskey Row, browse the shops and peek into the bars—some of them are fantastic.

Posts: 13283 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Park Plaza Liquor & Deli: fantastic food, seriously
Superstition Meadery: world renowned mead. Check Groupon for a discount on sample flights
Ad Astra Brewing: I’ve not been there myself, but I’m a huge fan of the owner/head brewer’s work at other breweries

Really, parking downtown and walking around will cover most things. Plenty of shopping things to see in that general area.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
How long are you staying and what activities do you like to do?

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
Good shooting ranges, parks, hikes. It’s beautiful and green this monsoon season.

Founding Fathers Collective is a great place for food, beer, coffee, jiu jitsu.

PM/email me and I’ll be glad to call you when you have time.

Posts: 250 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Take the ride up the Mingus mountain and go into Gerome for a day trip. Not far at all and well worth it.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been a while since i was there, but Sedona and up to Flagstaff on 89A through Oak Creek Canyon should not be missed. There was a great sandwich place just one block off the main street in Sedona called Sedona Memories, huge sandwiches on fresh baked bread. There is a rest stop on 89A where the native american artisans sell top shelf silver jewelry. This is a chance to purchase direct from the artist.Half the price of in town. In Flagstaff check out Black Barts Steakhouse. In Sedona Pink Jeep tours. Enjoy your trip. Beautiful Country!!

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Papa's Italian Restaurant in, "Downtown" Prescott is one of my favorites. Walk around downtown, courthouse square is kind of the heart of the town and has a lot of festivals. If driving up from Phoenix and you want to get off the beaten path and freeway, head over to Wickenburg and take the back way up Highway 89, very scenic drive. As mentioned drive Mingue Mountain Highway up to Jerome. It's an old mining town turned into funky artist colony for those that can't afford Sedona. Might as well go over to Sedona as well.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11775 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Might as well go over to Sedona as well.

Ah yes, beautiful and expensive $$edona$$$.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post