SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Infamous Shock Jock Don Imus Will Retire from His Radio Show in March
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Infamous Shock Jock Don Imus Will Retire from His Radio Show in March Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
He had a brother, Fred Imus, who died a few years back. He had a show on Sirius/XM radio. Best part of the show was McGurk, particularly, when he would refer to Serena Williams as Serena Holyfield. I always thought Imus himself was a jerk, reinforced by a show I saw once, where he got up from his desk and was walking around with a pistol strapped to his belt like, "hey look at me. I live in New York and I have a gun permit".

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:
I was a horrible show of creepy dry drunks who were not funny and wouldn't shut up.
I agree. Imus sounded like he was permanently and perpetually drunk whether he was on the wagon or not. A sullen, bitter, mean-mouth nasty man.

I was in a van pool and some of the guys always tuned Imus in. He and his everyday group were always insinuation that the others were gay, desired to have anal sex with each other, etc., like that was some kind of funny putdown. A lot of "nappy-headed hoes" type comments too. After listening to his crap, you felt like your ears needed a shower.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2103 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
He retired many many years ago, despite being on the air every day. Big Grin

Never cared for the man or his show.

Posts: 21124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post