SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MARSOC and Force recon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARSOC and Force recon Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Just to update-

Thanks for all the replies.

He’s going in on a recon contract. He thinks it will better prepare him for MARSOC tryouts. He has what it takes to make it through BRC, even though he realizes that a recon “contract” is nothing but a slot in the school. He still has to make the cut.

The adventure starts June ‘21.

helluva journey awaits

nice thing is he has lots of time to prepare

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
While spending 3 years as a AIT (MOS School) Drill Sgt./Field Artillery (field cannons and Pershing Missle) FT> Sill ,Okla in the Early 1970" can not tell you how many of my trainees had been lied to by their recruiters about almost everything. Basically if they did not have these promises in writing with the recruiter signature they were screed. Plus if they had something in their background check that they had not disclosed and it effected getting a security clearance they were screwed again. Or if they could not complete the course of study be it physical / or/ mental they were screwed. Granted there some great recruiters with all of the services but there are some that if they told me something and their lips were moving I do not know if I would believe them. Wish the new enlistee the best. ......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2014 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Just to update-

Thanks for all the replies.

He’s going in on a recon contract. He thinks it will better prepare him for MARSOC tryouts. He has what it takes to make it through BRC, even though he realizes that a recon “contract” is nothing but a slot in the school. He still has to make the cut.

The adventure starts June ‘21.

I can tell you with 100% confidence that Recon frowns on the idea of using themselves as a steppingstone into MARSOC. Best that your son keeps their strategy to himself.

If you are interested, send me an email and I will reply back with a name of a forum that I am part of that focuses on SOF careers. We have an active Recon and MARSOC membership, he definitely would get his questions answered and a good start into what’s ahead.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12340 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post