SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rolex Sea Dweller Deep Sea
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rolex Sea Dweller Deep Sea Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by well1147:
It’s a used one freshly serviced box papers hang tags 12,400 shipped i’m going to pull the trigger Thursday

That seems to be below current market price for pre-owned. Which is either awesome, or a red flag.

https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=deep+sea

Be hyper vigilant so that you don't get burned.

Thanks for looking out for me the watch i’m getting is the reference number 116600 not the newer version

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
It’s a used one freshly serviced box papers hang tags 12,400 shipped i’m going to pull the trigger Thursday

That seems to be below current market price for pre-owned. Which is either awesome, or a red flag.

Thanks for looking out for me the watch i’m getting is the reference number 116600 not the newer version

I'd be happy with that version. Oh, wait, I have that version. I've had mine ten years and I've NEVER been asked what version I have on my wrist - can't say that anybody I know really gives a hoot. If they look hard, they see a Rolex, and for most people, that's enough.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd be happy with that version. Oh, wait, I have that version. I've had mine ten years and I've NEVER been asked what version I have on my wrist - can't say that anybody I know really gives a hoot. If they look hard, they see a Rolex, and for most people, that's enough.

I guess it’s a watch lover thing

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Agree - the market is more like $15K to $20K, so be sure you are sure and confident in the seller.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:

Agree - the market is more like $15K to $20K, so be sure you are sure and confident in the seller.

It’s maybe 4-800 lower than most listings i have a 7 day return for a full refund i have already scheduled an appointment at a local authorized rolex dealer for appraisal / evaluation on chrono 24 most 116600 are between 14-15

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Can we get an update?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And Pics!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty much a Rolex fan boy, have a YM and a SD, but for the same $$ as a Seadweller, you can get this...

High horology movement typically within 1 sec/day and MORE durable than a Rolex movement.

Grade 2 3 titanium (upgrade from grade 5) or stainless, with a bracelet or strap, in black or as pictured in blue, big date or regular like in the image.

You would make no mistake getting a Seadweller, but I wanted to let you know about Blancpain.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I’m too cheap to throw 8-9 grand at a single watch (I know the market is crazy and they are really around 10k) , so there’s no real worry…but I love the way they look.
Everything is about 'perspective'. This is asininely absurd to me given my budget, but to large sub-sets of the watch community, this is simply awesome.

Jay-Z Shocks Watch World with $6.5 Million Patek Philippe

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post