SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump Pentagon appointee says it's "insane" for civilians to own semi-automatic weapons...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Pentagon appointee says it's "insane" for civilians to own semi-automatic weapons... Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
OK. So where do we go to advise our dear President on our feelings?
I hear he's on Twitter. Unfortunately (in this case), I am not.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Truth be told if you were to get an honest answer from every card carrying NRA member you'd be surprised how many would say the same when questioned. Totally ignorant of the magnitude of Second Amendment, the Constitution, Freedom the whole big picture. Those same enlightened individuals also seem to be real quick to throw out an opinion on laws they think will solve the dichotomy between good and evil by blaming an inanimate object.

Yeah, heard Michael Savage going on about how no one needs an assault rifle to defend themselves at home.

Only thing a person needs is a handgun, a small capacity magazine, and a shotgun.

And shotguns are the most complicated gun for most people to operate.

That all police know, but won't tell anyone, is that all assault rifles will penetrate your walls and kill your children, and that no one even thinks about the thought of over-penetration.

And went on to contradict himself by stating the "good guy" that used an "AR" to stop the "madman with an AR" and how it was a good thing, right after saying there was no reason that anyone needs one.

He was all over the place, mostly emotional yammering on and I turned him off.

Now, he has his moments, and once in a while he has some good information, but I think I'll use the ignore feature on my radio for the drive home from now on.

Agreed. Mr. Savage has let his emotions run away with him on this issue. He knows better, or he damn well ought to.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
DJT should withdraw this nomination.

This douche and the woman nominated for DHS are clearly 2 nominees NOT in Sync with the President!
She only want a Wall here and a wall there, not the entire border....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Yeah, heard Michael Savage going on about how no one needs an assault rifle to defend themselves at home...

I was listening to him last night, too.
Had to turn him off after a while. I couldn't take any more anti AR-15 propaganda.

I was surprised by this. He's a pretty smart fellow but was completely wrong on this subject. In my opinion, of course.

I can't tell you how tired I am of constantly being attacked by the left (and some on the right) because I'm a gun owner. It's constant.
I don't understand how we can see things so differently.

The AR-15 is the poster-child rifle for the 2nd Amendment.

If I ever need to defend myself with a firearm, for whatever reason, that's what I'm grabbing if I have a chance.

Not a handgun. Not a shotgun. My AR-15. With a couple of fully loaded mags.

I am sick over the ruthless, evil attack that happened in Texas. I only wish the good guy with his AR-15 could have shot the bad guy sooner. But he did what he could and stopped the madman before he killed even more people.
Great job. He showed a lot of courage, too.
Hunting a madman takes guts.

With evil like that in the world, I'd like to keep my defensive weapons, thank you very much.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
He's in good company with USA Today - who apparently thinks the "chainsaw bayonet" is a common attachment. Along with the thing that goes up...

https://www.usatoday.com/story...shootings/838283001/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Let acts of insanity guide the course of a nation.

Actions of a madman more powerful than congress!

Absurd!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Restrictions? Fuck 'em. I think that other than nukes, if you can afford it, you should be allowed to have it. If Bill Gates wants to spend a billion bucks to restore a WWII heavy cruiser, load the magazines with 8" and shell targets outside the 12 mile limit, he should be allowed to do so. He should also be raked over the coals if he mis-uses aforesaid 8" guns, and should have to store live projectiles according to explosive storage regs.

I'm mostly ok with limitations on explosives, because they are dangerous as stored, not just as used. However, there should be some level of generally available explosives, or a relatively simple permit process to own up to modest quantities of dynamite stick powered stuff.

I live on a farm. Stick explosives would be some useful to me, I can tell you.

I prefer that laws punish people for conduct, not regulate possession. By that I mean, if you misuse something, you should be punished for it; simple ownership and safe use should not be enough.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
did someone include a "come and take them" in their correspondence to the white house? Smile

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
did someone include a "come and take them" in their correspondence to the white house? Smile
No, but I'm getting to the point of open defiance. Slow but certain.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Restrictions? Fuck 'em. I think that other than nukes, if you can afford it, you should be allowed to have it. If Bill Gates wants to spend a billion bucks to restore a WWII heavy cruiser, load the magazines with 8" and shell targets outside the 12 mile limit, he should be allowed to do so. He should also be raked over the coals if he mis-uses aforesaid 8" guns, and should have to store live projectiles according to explosive storage regs.

I'm mostly ok with limitations on explosives, because they are dangerous as stored, not just as used. However, there should be some level of generally available explosives, or a relatively simple permit process to own up to modest quantities of dynamite stick powered stuff.

I prefer that laws punish people for conduct, not regulate possession. By that I mean, if you misuse something, you should be punished for it; simple ownership and safe use should not be enough.

I'm thinking the citizenry should have unfettered access to anything the various govts are likely to use against it should those govts become tyrannical. Proof that those govts are capable of tyranny is that they want to prevent the citizens from being so armed.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Why did the Air Force let this get by...a combination of "laziness" and "people being overworked" said he...

How can you be "lazy" and "overworked" at the same time...sounds like he is an "ox" and a "moron" at the same time.

Drop him like a hot tater.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
This one worked for me thanks, sent to the President of the United States of America AKA Donald J Trump.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Sent...

quote:

Dear Mr. President,

It has come to my attention that, during confirmation hearings, Dean Winslow, your nominee to head the military's health care system, asserted (unsolicited, mind you) that he felt it was "insane" that Americans be allowed to possess semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15.

I would respectfully urge you to consider withdrawing his nomination for that post. Regardless of any other considerations or qualifications, I don't believe anybody should serve in any capacity in government who does not support and defend the *entire* U.S. Constitution.

Regards,
Me

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

I'm thinking the citizenry should have unfettered access to anything the various govts are likely to use against it should those govts become tyrannical. Proof that those govts are capable of tyranny is that they want to prevent the citizens from being so armed.

This is exactly it, especially if one actually believes in one of the original reasons for them in the first place - the possible resistance against a potentially tyrannical government.

Not that I think such a conflict is likely, or an attractive proposition at all, but that *was* and *is* half the reason we're allowed them in the first place (along with personal protection) and each and every restriction stomps all over this very necessary function as though it doesn't even exist, which is either foolishly asinine or intentionally disarming.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy is a Flight Surgeon who's spent more time out of uniform than in apart of the Air Guard. Considering he's had multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, you'd think this guy would have a bit more perspective about people's rights and government abuse.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
I did not see the NRA-ILA's Dec.22 story linked on this yet:

Self-Pitying Anti-Gun Doctor Provides a Step-by-Step Lesson in How Not to Succeed in Government

https://www.nraila.org/article...ucceed-in-government

Winslow's actions and statements are so idiotic they are "sadly" humorous (in a bad way).

The man should have no responsible job: he thoughts are absolutely unlogical...

Razz

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
DJT should withdraw this nomination.

This ^^^^^

Yes, INDEED!

How about people start contacting the white house and tell them about this asshole?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
You're FIRED!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Well, bye

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
Senate put this ass-hat's confirmation on an indefinite hold, presumably for his gun control testimony, so he withdrew his name from consideration last week.

Posts: 545 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
May he never have power nor influence to oppress the public from now on.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post