SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Trump Pentagon appointee says it's "insane" for civilians to own semi-automatic weapons...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Pentagon appointee says it's "insane" for civilians to own semi-automatic weapons... Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...tomatic-weapons.html

President Trump’s nominee to lead the military health system said Tuesday he thinks it is “insane” for civilians to be able to purchase semi-automatic rifles like the one a gunman used to kill 26 people at a Texas church.

Dean Winslow, a professor at Stanford University and retired Air Force colonel, made his remarks during his confirmation hearing in front of the Senate Armed Service committee, according to the Washington Examiner.

“I may get in trouble with other members of the committee just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can go out and buy a semi-automatic like an AR-15, which apparently was the weapon that was used,” Winslow said. “I think that's an issue not as much for this committee, but elsewhere.”

Winslow was responding to a question from Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H., who asked whether service members with domestic violence convictions, such as Devin Patrick Kelley, should receive a dishonorable discharge or bad conduct discharge from the military.

Kelley used a Ruger AR-55 rifle to kill 26 and wound more than a dozen at the First Baptist Church in Sunderland Springs on Sunday, police said.

The Air Force said Monday it failed to enter Kelley’s conviction for choking and kicking his wife and striking his young stepson hard enough to fracture his skill into a federal database. It could have prevented him from purchasing the firearm he used in Sunday’s massacre.

“It’s a combination of laziness and people being overworked,” a former Air Force Office of Special Investigations agent told Fox News.

The Air Force is required by the Pentagon to report the info. The Lautenberg Amendment, enacted by Congress in 1996, helps prohibit people convicted of domestic violence from purchasing firearms.

Kelley's case "should have been reported and put in the database and that's why we've launched this complete wide full-scale review," Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson told "Fox & Friends."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
No civilians that I know own a Ruger AR 55

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Blame the object and not the broken system. You got your 15 minutes of Fame now go away.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Why, how dare those peasants take up arms against King George’s troops! It’s just insane.

Elitist peckerhead.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
That's all you could find wrong with this story? A typo?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A man who does not believe in government "by the people". And he's in government, imagine that.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
DJT should withdraw this nomination.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
retired Air Force colonel

and

quote:
The Air Force said Monday it failed to enter Kelley’s conviction for choking and kicking his wife and striking his young stepson hard enough to fracture his skill into a federal database. It could have prevented him from purchasing the firearm he used in Sunday’s massacre.

Classic case of deflecting blame....That, and he's a professor so he's likely a very far left liberal loon.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
DJT should withdraw this nomination.

This ^^^^^

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
retired Air Force colonel

and

quote:

Classic case of deflecting blame....That, and he's a professor so he's likely a very far left liberal loon.

Yep, from Palo Alto, Kali.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
It is insane that the AIR FORCE FAILED TO DO THEIR DUTY and comply with federal law.

How many more assholes like the murderingmotherfuckingpieceofshit were not handled appropriately by the AIR FORCE LEGAL AND MEDICAL BRANCHES?

Was ineptitude on the part of the AIR FORCE LEGSL AND MEDICAL BRANCHES the this murderingmotherfuckingpieceofshit was able to purchase firearms when he was a prohibited person!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
That's all you could find wrong with this story? A typo?

I think the Colonel is insane, I didn't want to call out the Cray Cray, because I have family visiting today from the Air Force so I went lightly.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Too bad for him he took an oath to protect and defend the constitution on the United States of America. I guess he forgot about that. So he can STFU with all his intellectual laziness.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Dear President Trump,

Are you sure Col. Winslow is the best man for the job?

Yours truly, RichardC

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
OK. So where do we go to advise our dear President on our feelings?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

“I may get in trouble with other members of the committee just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can go out and buy a semi-automatic like an AR-15,...

"I may get in trouble with other members of the committee just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can" practice Catholicism.

"I may get in trouble with other members of the committee just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can" prevent us from searching their home without a warrant.

"I may get in trouble with other members of the committee just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can" not be forced to testify against himself.

"I may get in trouble with other members of the committee just say how insane it is that in the United States of America a civilian can" not be inflicted with cruel and unusual punishment.

Etc...

Go to hell Colonel.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the distinct feeling that this Colonel is one of those that when told to unload his pistol, he heads for the nearest window, aims it outside, closes his eyes, and then proceeds to pull the trigger until he empties the magazine.

I'm not kidding.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think it's insane that citizens rely so much on govt to protect us. So there. Bite me.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Trump needs to boot him.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
OK. So where do we go to advise our dear President on our feelings?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post