SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    College Student Lucas Gerhard—Felony “Terroristic Threats” Charge...Over a Rifle Picture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

College Student Lucas Gerhard—Felony “Terroristic Threats” Charge...Over a Rifle Picture Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Unbelievable story of the world the Left wants us all to live in. Unfortunately for Lucas, a 20 year old college student at Lake Superior State University in Michigan, he’s subjected to it now and facing as much as 20 years in prison over a picture of his rifle posted in Snap Chat—to a closed group of friends, after one of his so-called friends showed the post to a girl at the college. He has already spent 83 days in jail! His father is a retired Colonel, USMC

Story

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There has to be more to the story than that? Makes no sense and flies in the face of so many different constitutional rights.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone outside his friends list took a screenshot of a Snapchat post of his new rifle, and told authorities that she “felt” threatened...

That all it takes in today's Leftist led climate.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
There has to be more to the story than that? Makes no sense and flies in the face of so many different constitutional rights.

Maybe, maybe not. From what I read in the article, it sounds like he had previously argued with a leftist, then blocked that individual when they were unable to disagree civilly. Later, that individual saw the Snapchat post and attempted to make a case out of it, perhaps getting other like-minded individuals to make anonymous claims. Gee, doesn’t that sound like it is right out of the leftist playbook?

It would be really nice if he could sue for false arrest, malicious prosecution, filing a false report, etc and put some of these folks in some serious hurt, but I won’t hold my breath.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t think there’s “more to the story.” Here’s a couple more articles. Judge for yourself:

The Pluralist out of McLean, VA

WXYZ Detroit

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
This is what the public school system has wanted for decades: Bots that are led by their emotions rather than rational thought. We’re getting closer to 1984 every day.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you read the story?

It is pretty articulate and well written. (unlike, most stories along similar issues).

The continual onslaught of Political Correct and indoctrinating dialogue, in our society for years, is wearing away the foundation stones and our path is becoming and ever steepening and slippery slope. And the direction it is heading, ends in a pretty steep drop.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
"The Michigan statute for terroristic threats states: “(2) It is not a defense to a prosecution under this section that the defendant did not have the intent or capability of committing the act of terrorism.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than
20 years or a fine of not more than $20,000.00, or both.”

Ok, maybe my multiple college degrees and 30 years of workplace experience have all failed me. This statute refers to a threat. Where is the 'threat in this case? Because some little broad RA looked in on a private conversation and 'felt' scared? Forgive me, but you have to be shitting me. If the kid posted this in public, or specifically sent it to someone as an attempt to intimidate...maybe.
But from what the story has represented in it, give me a break.

If this kid has any sort of reputable attorneys representing him, this should be thrown out, and the state government should be sued out of existence for false arrest and false imprisonment. This is bullshit on steroids!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
BigDeal

The issue at hand is the ridiculously broad statute and required bond.
Feelings certainly do count according to the statute. No intent is needed just some one to feel threatened.

Ranks right up there with the fella that was arrested for saying he was going to blow this bitch up, referring to taking a massive dump in the bathroom.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Feelings certainly do count according to the statute. No intent is needed just some one to feel threatened.
So after reading the story I could phone in my feelings from Florida for a second charge? Sorry, a really good attorney should be able to bend this garbage in Michigan over backward so far they break. Again, you go to jail for committing a crime. There is no way anyone with a functioning brain stem would ever buy this charge was valid.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
OK, I am not sure what snapchat is. I thought it was a text messaging app?

Someone eavesdropped on his call (text) and saw the content of it which was between friends, not a threat, and not sent to that person, correct?

How do they legally define when someone feels threatened? Do they do a EEG after they are exposed to threatening materials then compare that to a baseline EEG to determine how the person feels? How are feelings rated is it one a 1-10, 1-100, A-F, or stars scale?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
So after reading the story I could phone in my feelings from Florida for a second charge? Sorry, a really good attorney should be able to bend this garbage in Michigan over backward so far they break. Again, you go to jail for committing a crime. There is no way anyone with a functioning brain stem would ever buy this charge was valid.

Can’t say I disagree with you just stating the issue at hand.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25425 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Fuck the left.

The FBI should be sent in to arrest everyone involved for violating this kid's civil rights.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
How very.... Soviet.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Yes.

(drifting...) I have posted this before.

I watched a "documentary" in the 70s of a guy and gal in an apartment in Russia. (Brother and sister), in early 20s. They had polar views on communism, Soviet society and such things of the day.

What I remember more than anything, was the sister talking about "the duty of the people to the state", and her brother (in a portion of the interview when she was not present), that he worried she would turn him in for his views, and you could see and sense the oppressive nature of that thought.

I sure hope he was lucky enough to see the "iron Curtain" rust to dust, and find a free country to live.

And here we are...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fact that this took place on a college campus tells you much about what goes on in higher education. And a disturbing look at our future unless this insanity is stopped.
A couple of years ago, I was eating here in town and a group of female LSSU athletes was in the restaurant with me. I had no interaction with them in the restaurant at all. When I left the restaurant, I had to walk past the group to get to my car. One of the group stepped in front of me and blocked the sidewalk. She asked me if I killed animals. I dont recall what I said to her now. I stepped around her and left. What apparently brought this on was the fact that I was wearing a camo hunting jacket.
I guess I am lucky I am not in jail.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy was set-up, and the county DA went right along with it. Got another one off the street Roll Eyes

Sounds like he was 'that guy' so proud of this 'politics' that he was clueless to the fact that the very people around him, could set him up and exaggerate his actions.

Hopefully, he'll get some better legal representation, get these charges thrown out, and civilly charge the shit out of the school, county and the very people that made these accusations.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post