SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Player of the Chiefs, Peters sits during the National Anthem
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Player of the Chiefs, Peters sits during the National Anthem Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Kapernick sat for the Anthem today too.

At home.

On his couch.

Smile

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Don't care if he sits. As a matter of fact, I don't care if 'all' of them sit, or kneel, or refuse to even go onto the field. The NFL is totally dead to me. I will not watch another game, purchase another ticket, or buy another piece of memorabilia 'ever'. If enough people would take that position, all of the current crap going on with the illiterate thugs would end.

This is my stance also. They can all twirl batons during the National Anthem if they want. They already saved me a few hundred dollars this year.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
The NFL approves of this behavior and wants this to happen. If they didn't it would stop in a heart beat.

When at work your employer can restrict you from doing things that would hurt their image. I'm not sure what the NFL is thinking here.
Maybe they think this helps their image and I'm sure it does with some people but it also hurts them with others.

I'm expected to show up at work wearing appropriate clothes, looking clean, hair combed and not smelling like I haven't showered in a week.

I'm also expected not to do things that would upset my clients. That could include all kinds of things. Why the NFL does not tell them to simply stand and not damage a part of their fan base(clients) is stupid.

I don't see this happening in other sports. Although I really only watch hockey other than some football. Heck in hockey more than half of the players are not from the USA but they seem to be able to always stand.

Take away the "they are making a stand" thing and make it a business decision. For a league that has pushed profits so high for a sport that plays once a week this decision goes against every part of their business model.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I don't really watch the NFL anymore either.

But this is my 2 cents...

The NFL is a service industry, if you get shitty service, you don't come back. They have been losing $$$ for the past few years.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
illiterate thugs

Um... not all of them.
For example, John Urschel.
Stop it. Just stop it. Yes, there are exceptions to every rule, but finding one or two of these clowns with an IQ above room temp says little to nothing about the group as a whole. Overwhelmingly these knuckle draggers are the lowest common denominator of American society. And given where they come from, their upbringing (or lack thereof), and their focus on life, how could they not be.

And for the record, I actually expect retarded behavior out of the clowns on the field. What infuriates me is the team owners who are not illiterate, or thugs, or morons, who are making a calculated decision to essentially sit the sidelines on the issue to make sure their PC scorecard is properly filled out.

I watched very little NFL football before Crapernick started this nonsense, and now I have a reason to purposely avoid it all together.

Uhh, no. The felons and assholes are the exception to the rule. But for some reason otherwise intelligent people ignore that reality and act as though the actions of the minority present the entire league. For every player who took a knee something like 30-50 didn't. There were whole teams where nobody took a knee during the anthem and on the team that had players kneel it was only a few.

I wish I had kept the link but a while back someone (Bama?) posted a link showing that NFL players had fewer felony convictions than the average for their age group. Yet they still get called the national felon league by people who hate them.

You are the one focusing on the exceptions to the rule.

As I already said in another NFL thread, I am pretty much done with them personally. Not just because of the kneeling thing but that was a part of it. The entertainment value is gone for me. I cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL game pass and actually also cancelled DirecTV so I will not be watching any games at home this year. But just because I have lost interest doesn't mean I don't see the reality that the vast majority of people in the NFL are fine people.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I see in Time they are trying to give credit for the ratings drop to the libs boycotting over Craperdick not getting picked up

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Kapernick sat for the Anthem today too.

At home.

On his couch.

Smile

And tommorow!

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
The NFL approves of this behavior and wants this to happen. If they didn't it would stop in a heart beat.

When at work your employer can restrict you from doing things that would hurt their image. I'm not sure what the NFL is thinking here.
Maybe they think this helps their image and I'm sure it does with some people but it also hurts them with others.

I'm also expected not to do things that would upset my clients. That could include all kinds of things. Why the NFL does not tell them to simply stand and not damage a part of their fan base(clients) is stupid.

Take away the "they are making a stand" thing and make it a business decision. For a league that has pushed profits so high for a sport that plays once a week this decision goes against every part of their business model.

^This. By not putting a stop to this, the NFL has condoned it. They now own it. So apparently they believe that I, due simply to the content of melanin in my skin, am a racist. Anyone who thinks like that is someone I just tune out. NFL was fine with Crap-on-a-stick and his temper tantrum. They were fine with players doing their displays of unity with Michael Brown. They were fine with players expressing unity with people rioting in Ferguson. But when the Cowboys wanted to do something to honor the LEO who came to the defense of a bunch of BLM protestors, that wasn't okay.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing so many on the Prog side claim "All white people are racists!" You know, if this country were as racist as you bunch of brainwashed idjits say it is, we'd still have slavery here. But a lot of white people gave life and limb to end slavery here. And a lot did the same to finally put an end to a lot of Jim Crow laws as well. So once people go down that "America is a racist country" line of Prog-talk, I just tune them out. Given it's a line the NFL supports, I've tuned them out as well. The NFL could, if they so desired, put a stop to this right meow. But they've chosen to let it go on. If that's what they think of their viewers, I'll not be one of them.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit? Sit stand whatever. It's their right to be stupid. I don't spend my day worrying about what atheletes do or don't do. They sure as shit don't waste their day thinking about me.

Winner.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Pale Horse.

John Riggins and Joe Theismann come to mind as well.
But maybe I'm just old-school.... Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post