SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UT/Okla game ABC/DISH step in it.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UT/Okla game ABC/DISH step in it. Login/Join 
posted
We, they finally turned the game on despite the all around greed and contempt for their customers.

I’m not far from Austin and get the ABC Austin affiliate on DISh. Don’t have an external ant.

Tuned in at 11 AM to watch the game. Message from dish says ABC removed because their carrier making unreasonable demands.

They Removed the most important UT game this season, in the middle of longhorn country. Both entities pointing finger at each other.

Greed rules. They are willing to remove the game from the UT hometown channel in order to pressure the other side as part of their negotiation process. They didn’t give any prior warning, which would have allowed fans to purchase an external antenna and bypass dish.

They have lost their minds.

I tuned into the Longhorn channel feeling sure they would step up and broadcast it. Nope. UT didn’t step up either. Must be a contract thing. UT athletics has a rep for greed too.

Using the customers as leverage shows the comtempt many corps have for us peons.

Guess the outrage in Austin was heard. Suddenly the game is on.

It’s a good game. I hope Ok wins.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
UT Nancyhorns will lose to Those-who-shave.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Longhorns Network is owned by ESPN, not the school. Also, they cant just broadcast the game that another company has the rights to broadcast.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the steers are falling behind! It’s been a good game so far. Lot of effort both sides.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Longhorns down...but only by 6 points...good game so far...

JALLEN must have put the pressure on to finally get it televised Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
We, they finally turned the game on despite the all around greed and contempt for their customers.

I’m not far from Austin and get the ABC Austin affiliate on DISh. Don’t have an external ant.

Yet you'll continue to reward them with your business. As will most of their customers.

They have no incentive to change their ways, so they won't.

I'm watching what is almost certainly the same kind of antics going on between some other players, elsewhere. How are customers responding? Some of them by subscribing directly to the player who's almost certainly at fault. Essentially incentivising their behaviour.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
The referees are not having a good day. They must have missed the class on what pass interference is/isn't.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As for rewarding them, I am seriously considering a change. I will pay a penealty if I cancell before contract expiration. Dish doing same with HBO.Trouble is only option is Direct. No cable here. Need to compare the two. Does Direct drop channels during contract negtiations as well? Happened before with DISH.

posted Hide Post
Yes, the refs seem to be missing a lot.

SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
awwwwww did someone miss a bunch of soon to be wife/girlfriend beaters play a stupid game.....

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
You must have watched enough of it to comment in the thread Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
AWESOME GAME!!! Go SOONERS!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post