SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What condition did this person experience, and what triggered it? *** (Answers and Winner in OP) ***
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What condition did this person experience, and what triggered it? *** (Answers and Winner in OP) *** Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2nd for conjunctival chemosis
Allergy triggered

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Bulbar conjunctivitis
Aftermath of pepper spray/mace

Posts: 3554 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Conj chemosis - vernal reaction.

Grass allergy after you mowed the lawn for the first time in a long time.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about conjunctival chemosis after bilateral eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)?

Looks like there is some mild ecchymosis around the medial aspect of each eye.

Posts: 346 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
first, what is the species

Posts: 3534 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Condition: don't know enough medicine to name it

Cause: poorly-focused, faulty, or incompetently-operated Lasix laser

Posts: 6819 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pterygium

Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation, and made worse by chronic dryness or irritation.

Posts: 13167 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a baby or toddler from the pics. Mucus discharge due to blocked tear ducts.

-MG

Posts: 2241 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arcus senilis:

Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol)

Family history of high cholesterol

Dyslipidemia in younger individuals (arcus juvenilis)

Posts: 13167 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Eyes.

Damn, I hate the eyes.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12741 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Subconjunctival Fat Prolapse
2. Sneezing, coughing, laughing, choking

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mke229,

Posts: 190 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Choroidal Melanoma (maybe some other type of neoplasm, depending on how quickly the nodules developed) masquerading as a nodular anterior scleritis.

Posts: 783 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
BUMP TO THE TOP

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
Rapid decompression. Got the Benz.

Posts: 1284 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
#1 - What is the condition?
Herpes Simplex Keratitis
#2 - What is the specific trigger?
Direct contact with someone with Herpes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16551 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
WINNER: I know no one got both answers correctly, but I went ahead and picked the first person who got at least one correct answer, conjunctival chemosis, and that person, unsurprisingly, is our SIGforum Official Eye Doc, bcereuss. Congratulations! Please email me your favorite charity.

Thanks, everyone, for playing.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Q

Posts: 27695 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
That caused the subject’s eyelashes to fall out? The lack of eyelashes suggested a facial burn.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
LOL. Nothing wrong with the eyelashes. They are there. And believe me, I'm pretty sure I would know if my face were burned. Big Grin

Q

SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the generous karma! I’ll give you my charities of choice after careful consideration. Again-thank you!

Posts: 3016 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Both emails replied to. Kind thanks for your generosity!

Posts: 3016 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post