SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What to buy a 7 year old boy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to buy a 7 year old boy Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I got my nephew a remote controlled excavator and dump truck - but I know he likes equipment and his dad is a contractor/farmer

Posts: 5747 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Two nerf guns. One for him and one for a friend to play with him.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’ve got me thinking. When my boys were around 6&9 or 7&10, we got them teddy bears with jerseys of their favorite sports team. Stuffed in a 30” balloon. We hung them from the ceiling and told them to try not to pop them as long as possible. They made it around a month.
My youngest son still has that bear!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1131 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I'm a little late to the party here, but the last time I participated w/ Angel Tree, which has been a few years now, they gave you a card w/ the kid's name, age, clothing sizes, general likes/dislikes, and even a specific request or two from the kid (which usually ranged from the current game console to something simple like a doll).

Do they not do that anymore??

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
a small rc car with a charger and extra battery

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5135 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Legos and a Tablet (Amazon Fire).

Posts: 1957 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My go to is Nerf fire arms.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I'm a little late to the party here, but the last time I participated w/ Angel Tree, which has been a few years now, they gave you a card w/ the kid's name, age, clothing sizes, general likes/dislikes, and even a specific request or two from the kid (which usually ranged from the current game console to something simple like a doll).

Do they not do that anymore??

-Rob

They might but I didn't receive a want list, just a piece of paper with the gender and age.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
https://www.crunchlabs.com/

Mark Rober

That kind of thing is a good choice. We got my five year old grandson a subscription where he got one box a month that had a kit like those devices. He loved it.

Lego are hard to beat, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Angel Trees usually have some suggestions, but they usually promote clothing. I donated a bicycle one year, and another year some jeans and shirts. One year a nice winter coat (doesn't get very cold here, though).

Do you know what agency will receive the gifts? If it's an orphanage they might have preferences. Daycare centers usually prefer toys.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Those Chrunchlabs are subscription based monthly boxes, so unless you only plan on buying a month, then cancelling, it's going to be over the $50 limit.

It will also require the random child's mailing address.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post