SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home Depot Parking Lot Drama
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Depot Parking Lot Drama Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
As I was exiting HD this morning, there was a young gal in front of me with a cart loaded with half a dozen 10 or 12 foot 4x4's and some 2x4's.

When I got to my car, she was across from me, standing next to a Subaru Outback with a VERY puzzled look on her face.

I didn't stay to see the outcome, but I bet it was YouTube worthy!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15270 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that was an adventure waiting to happen!

I'll go look in a moment to be sure, but I believe the sticker on the roof bars on my loaner Outback mentions a 75-pound weight limit. My math skills are weak this morning, but my spidey-sense tells me her load will exceed that pretty quickly.

I did load a batch of 10-footers on top of an old Volvo wagon once using some Thule roof bars. I bent the front bar, but I'm not sure if that was from the actual weight or from my strapping them down "good and snug." Razz
(If I remember right, there were three lateral bars on that car, too, not just the usual two.)

I'll add, though, that if a fella lifts the passenger side head rests a little he can carry a couple of 8' sticks of aluminum extrusion inside an Outback. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13519 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Hope she has a big rack.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Hope she has a big rack.

(snicker!) Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13519 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope she has a big rack.

Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15270 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Soooo, she’s not experienced with fitting a lot of wood into a small space.

Did you get a phone number?

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope she has a big rack.

You won the internet today.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’ve put a good amount of lumber on my Crosstrek roof rack. Never had any issues. I’ve had a couple 12 foot 6x6s. No issues. But 10 sounds like a lot. Gotta know how to strap them properly too. Crosstrek is 176 lb limit.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12449 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not as much, but fit full length 4x4 & 2x4 into our old Flex.
IIRC they were resting on the center console between the front seats.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15372 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Duh.... you guys are so dumb.

You roll down the windows on the back seat doors and run the wood in sideways. Geeze... I'm sure she'll figure that you on her own.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37999 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope she has a big rack.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I’ve put a good amount of lumber on my Crosstrek roof rack. Never had any issues. I’ve had a couple 12 foot 6x6s. No issues. But 10 sounds like a lot. Gotta know how to strap them properly too. Crosstrek is 176 lb limit.

We're gonna need PHPaul to fill us in on whether 'Strapping On' Large Wood, or Handling/'Fitting' Large Wood was more likely in her skill set... Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8949 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
^^^

Well it was a Subaru.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12449 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Not much of a story since I'm not a hot chic, but I had to creatively score and break a piece of concrete board to fit in my trunk in the Lowe's parking lot.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Some of the idiocy I see from customers at my store is staggering.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Because I’m a glutton for punishment, I probably would have stuck around and tried to help her.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12346 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
She better have rented their pick up!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38716 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
After buying 12’ Christmas tree at Home Depot, the guy who was going to help me load it asks what I was driving. I told him it’s that one and pointed to my truck and trailer that were parked on the other side of a silver Prius. The look on his face was priceless.

Posts: 11008 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I have fit many 10ft schedule 40 1” and 3/4 inch pipe in my outback but nothing more than 8’ 2x4, 2x6.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Another one like this! Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post