SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home Depot Parking Lot Drama
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Depot Parking Lot Drama Login/Join 
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Duh.... you guys are so dumb.

You roll down the windows on the back seat doors and run the wood in sideways. Geeze... I'm sure she'll figure that you on her own.

I'd fold down the rear seats, run the passenger seat as far back as I could and tilt it all the way back. Roll down passenger window and then run the lumber from the far back left corner of the wayback through the passenger window and bungee it together.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3459 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Open hatch. Drop the seats and push the wood as far forward as it will go. Strap it somehow and tie down the hatch.

I once bought a pre-assembled 8ft bookcase at Ikea from the scratch and dent section. Put it in the trunk of a Civic. Took surface streets instead of the the freeway. Worked out fine.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I have no issue with women being women and not knowing this stuff. That's when us manly men step in. Depending on exactly how it went down, I believe I would have offered some guidance to the women. Alternately the HD check out person should have offered loading assistance. They most times do when you have an oversized load.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Often today's woman does not desire assistance.

Posts: 17272 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh like no one else has done stupid stuff in a HD parking lot.

Cutting a 4x8 sheet of 1/2" sheet rock in half so it will fit in my highlander. Had to make a pitstop at Medimerge for 3 stitches after forgeting "move finger out of path of razor knife"

Posts: 1045 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Not much of a story since I'm not a hot chic, but I had to creatively score and break a piece of concrete board to fit in my trunk in the Lowe's parking lot.
I helped a guy do that, one day, when I was leaving a HD. Guy in a parking lot had a big sheet of rigid foam insulation, looking at it, looking at his car, wondering what he was gonna do.

I wandered over and offered to trim it to the scored lines for him. An offer he gratefully accepted. Out came the pocket knife and away I went Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Back when I drove a truck, several times people accepted my offer to transport items when they lived nearby.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

This, plus if I helped and something went wrong, either damaging the car or losing the load...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15271 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:

Correct.

I work in wholesale sporting goods. I was in a retailer last month, an outdoor store. Me and the owner were chatting and a lady walks over and asks if the store carries waterproof hiking socks. The owner asked why she wanted waterproof. She said she was going on a hiking trip in Chile. We tried to educate her that waterproof was a bad idea, and she wanted either wool or a synthetic material. She got pissy, cut us off, and walked away to the counter to pay for the other items she had found. After she left, the female cashier came over and said, "That lady was really mad that you guys tried to man-splain her. I told her that it wasn't man-splaining, that they were trying to educate and help you."

All I could do was shake my head. I figured she will learn her lesson, the hard way, after hiking for a week in waterproof socks.

Posts: 2313 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

This, plus if I helped and something went wrong, either damaging the car or losing the load...

Also the risk of false accusations, like the below example of an Australian man - Kenan Basic; I'm at a point in my life that I'm very hesitant to help women that I don't know. I don't know of anyone who has been falsely accused of assault that has had their life return to normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCNsEbYWMKM

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4337 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I can't figure how many times I've been at Costco and seen someone, who bought a giant tv like 80 inches or so, and try to stuff it in their munchkin car. Last week it was one of those little iddy biddy Fiat 500 cars.

There's nothing you can do, best just to walk away. People get so pissy after they become embarassed.

Posts: 11862 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Another one like this! Smile

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XI_exv3BJyE" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That happened in Temple TX where I live, I recognize the street signs. Lol I wonder if they caught the guy

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

That happened in Temple TX where I live, I recognize the street signs. Lol I wonder if they caught the guy[/QUOTE]

As you and I both know, Mike, there's Texas---and then there's East Texas. Some unique examples of FAIL down that direction.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t consider Temple, east TX…but I’m an import, so I could be wrong

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Open hatch. Drop the seats and push the wood as far forward as it will go. Strap it somehow and tie down the hatch.

Most vehicles warn against driving with an open hatch due to carbon monoxide entering the vehicle from the exhaust.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I took my Saturn Vue to Home depot. we were starting our basement finishing project.

If you fold down the back right seat, and the front passenger (which folds flat) From the back gate to the front dash was 8.5ft.

I did the math and I could make it work. I bought 80 2x4's and rolled them out. The HD worker walked out with me and was like, "nope, there is no way"

I laid out two tie down straps and loaded the 2x4's and stacked them. . . they just fit. I wished I had taken a picture.

Dang I loved that Saturn.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post