SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New York man arrested. “Arsenal” found after anonymous tip
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New York man arrested. “Arsenal” found after anonymous tip Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Obviously, I need to start a GoFundMe, I can't even muster up 17 firearms. Frown

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15254 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:

“Police said that an extensive search produced 17 firearms from the residence: six assault weapons; one loaded 25-caliber handgun, five shotguns, and five rifles.”

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Arsenal? No.

Range trip? YES!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Obviously, I need to start a GoFundMe, I can't even muster up 17 firearms. Frown

You do have 17 Kubotas though, right Wink

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
There is so much information missing from this article. Was he a convicted felon? What was their probably cause to get a search warrant or did they even have one? I realize this is New York, but this looks like a good lawsuit and someone is going to get paid.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
And they didn’t send the Marines Roll Eyes

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I NEED a few more to have my own arsenal.

Now if of only my local gun stores were not all sold out of what I wanted.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

You do have 17 Kubotas though, right Wink

Nope, only one, but it's a beaut! Big Grin

Truthfully, I'm blessed with lots of toys and often marvel at the difference between now and 45 years ago when we started out.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15254 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Time to bury the 10-22 in the yard!
Roll Eyes

You sure it's not time to dig it up?

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
They acted on an anonymous tip?

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Living full time in my RV every time I put the slides in and out I cringe and hope they take the weight. Been thinking of lightening the load some but the wife would get mad if she saw her shoes in a goodwill bag Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4841 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
What a coincidence, I lost that same number of guns when my boat tragically sank!

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

the thread title is misleading

article does not say or infer that

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Some more details appear to be in this article.

https://indyeastend.com/news-o...n-east-hampton-raid/

quote:

Police had received a confidential tip and launched an investigation that led them to obtain a search warrant, according to Detective Sgt. Dan Toia.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the link:
New York’s assault weapon law prohibits possessing an assault weapon. The NY SAFE Act, a set of gun restrictions enacted in 2013 in the wake of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, expanded on New York’s 2000 prohibition on assault weapons.

While owners who had purchased semi-automatic weapons prior to 2013 when the Safe Act was enacted could keep them, they had to register them with New York State police. It is not clear when Fausett purchased the weapons.

Fausett also does not have a pistol permit for the .25-caliber handgun police found.

-c1steve

Posts: 4061 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe they used the American Flag hanging in the front of his house as probable cause. Eek

Posts: 22928 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would venture to guess his mouth, was what led to the "Tip"

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8375 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the media will gleefully describe any semi as an AUTOMATIC WEAPON, but in this case they may have been right on one of the guns. I'm not sure all six were full auto and the headline might be - shocker - wrong.

"Police also allegedly seized an Essential Weapons Company’s fully automatic KR-15..."

Complete article:

https://indyeastend.com/news-o...eapons-free-on-bond/

Alleged Owner of Six Automatic Weapons Free on Bond

AUGUST 23, 2020
BY | T. E. MCMORROW

Christopher R. Fausett kept six illegal automatic weapons hidden in a second-floor bathroom at the East Hampton house he shared with his mother, East Hampton Town police said. He was released Saturday on a bond after he was arraigned on eight felony weapons charges, as well as two misdemeanors.

Fausett, who was arrested Friday after police, acting on a tip, executed a search warrant at his Wireless Road residence, The 57-year-old posted $1,000 towards a $10,000 bond following a video arraignment.

The Suffolk County District Attorney’s office had asked that bail be set at $50,000. During the virtual arraignment, East Hampton Town Justice Steven Tekulsky responded to assistant district attorney Lauren Golombek’s request by pointing out that while Fausett has had two prior arrests — back in 1999 and 2000 — he had never failed to make a court appearance. Those arrests were on drunken driving charges in Southampton and Sag Harbor Village.

Carl Irace, an East Hampton attorney who represented Fausett for the arraignment, said that a high bail could well be the equivalent of having him remanded, given that Fausett only works part time and supports his mother.

Tekulsky said that under the state’s bail reform act from last year, and given his ties to the community, Fausett was entitled to a bond for which he would only have to put up 10% of the total, and set a $10,000 bond figure.

The justice was the only official present in the courtroom for the arraignment. All others participated remotely, with Fausett appearing on Skype from police headquarters in Wainscott.

At the beginning of the arraignment, Tekulsky said that he was prepared to issue an order of protection at the request of the district attorney’s office. He did not specify who the court order would be designed to protect. Golombek said she would have to check with the aggrieved party, and she got off the Skype session. When she returned, she said that an order of protection would not be needed.

Police found 17 firearms inside Fausett’s house, seven being illegal. The first firearm police reported finding at 21 Wireless Road during their search, was an Italian-made Titan .25-caliber semi-automatic pistol. The loaded pistol was in Fausett’s bedroom closet on the first floor, police said.

It wasn’t until the detectives, aided by the Emergency Services Unit, searched the bathroom on the second floor, that they turned up an array of mostly foreign made weapons which police described as automatics.

Three of the automatic weapons police said they found are modeled after the Russian AK-47.

One of those three is, allegedly, a modified Russian Saiga 12-gauge shotgun. The Saiga seized by police has allegedly been modified with a pistol grip, and can accept multi-shell magazines, allowing the user to fire up to 20 times without reloading. Its import to the United States was banned by an executive order signed by President Barack Obama in 2014, after Russia annexed Crimea.

The other two weapons police said the recovered in the bathroom are loosely based on the AK-47. They were Romanian-made CN Romarm rifles, both allegedly having a pistol grip with one of them having a second grip to be held by the non-shooting hand, for accurate rapid fire use.

Police also allegedly seized an Essential Weapons Company’s fully automatic KR-15, a German Sports Guns GSG 522 rifle, and a Beretta Cx4 Storm rifle with a thumbhole stock.

Each of the six weapons triggered its own felony charge. Fausett was also charged with felony second-degree weapons possession because he allegedly had five or more illegal firearms.

Detectives said Friday that more charges could possibly be added as the investigation continues.

t.e@indyeastend.com

===============================

This may be the manufacturer of the "KR-15."

http://www.essentialarms.com/index1.html

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I recently watched Clint Eastwood's "Richard Jewel" with some friends. During the scene where his firearms were revealed on the bed my friends gasped....

I was like...

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you need new friends.

I ain't kiddin'.

If an AR-15 and a handful of other guns made them gasp, they'd go into cardiac arrest viewing the inventory of the average member of this forum.

Posts: 107659 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post