SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who's Zooming?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's Zooming? Login/Join 
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
I’ve done 15 or so presentations for schools this week using Zoom. It’s super popular for school use

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3616 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I'm new to Zoom, if I am just having a video call with a few people is there any reason to use the password feature?

Fundman, we added that after some concerns that someone could randomly enter a meeting ID (9 or 10 digit number) and MAYBE hit a meeting. The embedded password, prevents that. That said, I seldom have enough participants that I couldn't just dismiss anyone who didn't belong.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The light came on for me yesterday morning.

I've been doing online conference calling for two weeks. All day I'm teaching, and then sometimes before and after, I'm on a Zoom meeting.

Yesterday, one one of those, a replacement for my weekly morning men's Bible study, one of our members, a financial analyst, was talking about Zoom -- the company, its founder, its philosophy, etc. -- and all of a sudden it clicked: I went home and placed a Buy order for some shares.

It's too early to tell, but between the time I bought and the end of the market day, I was up $10/share. My portfolio actually went down as the market itself went lower, but I think I made the right decision. And unlike I usually do, before it was too late!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the inside scoop. I guess if you had a large meeting and only the host was on video somebody uninvited could watch. My meetings only involve 2 or 3 coworkers so it would be obvious if some stranger appeared on the computer screen!
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
I'm new to Zoom, if I am just having a video call with a few people is there any reason to use the password feature?

Fundman, we added that after some concerns that someone could randomly enter a meeting ID (9 or 10 digit number) and MAYBE hit a meeting. The embedded password, prevents that. That said, I seldom have enough participants that I couldn't just dismiss anyone who didn't belong.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has started using it for a Bible Study, that cannot me as a group. She me up as a trial for helping others. We may try it out with our sons who both live away, for a group chat otherwise it’s Facetime or WhatsApp when we video converse individually.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I work from home and my company uses Zoom so I’m a heavy Zoom user every day.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
12 step meetings are going wild over this.
Doesn't take the place but sure keeps one involved

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Join our SIG Forum ZARTY tonight at 7:00 PM ET:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...560002864#5560002864

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my company uses GTM - go to meeting. How is zoom different?

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Most of my work telecons (inter and intra company) are now via Zoom; had been Webex and Go-to-Meeting until a month or two ago.

I like it; it's more intuitive, has more features, and works well on a Mac.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Going to try it tonight for Rolan’s meeting.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Can someone suggest some cameras / microphones for home use (ie - occasional) with Zoom ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TomV,

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomV:
Can someone suggest some cameras / microphones for home use (ie - occasional) with Zoom ?

Tom, check out options from Logitech. They are the best at the lowest price point. Brio is their best webcam, but the C920 is very good. There has been a lot of their stock moving off the shelves.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer