SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Went to the Ballet - The Nutcracker.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to the Ballet - The Nutcracker. Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Watching kids, that young, in front of a larger audience (saw it at the San Diego Civic Theater) for their first time, and doing their absolute best, is a truly moving experience.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Watching kids, that young, in front of a larger audience (saw it at the San Diego Civic Theater) for their first time, and doing their absolute best, is a truly moving experience.

Oddly enough, my wife and I went to the San Diego Ballet Company’s performance of the Nutcracker here, just a couple of weeks ago. First time for everything. They used Cheyenne kids, and I wonder what’s involved in pulling this off; quite a lot of rehearsal involved.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
At one point, the main little kid accidentally ran into one of the other little girls (same age as him), she gave him the stink eye until somebody off stage caught her attention. LOL

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14041 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen The Nutcracker ballet numerous times.
I have seen the Cincinnati Ballet, the Moscow State Ballet, and the Louisville Ballet (which always has the Louisville Orchestra playing the music live, instead of recorded music), and I must say that the Louisville Ballet was the best!

I have seen performances on T.V., and YouTube and again, the Louisville Ballet was the best. They are outstanding.

One year, my friends son was in it, as one of the background dancers. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it.

My friends son asked to take ballet, and was quite good. He received a head injury on the school bus,by a bullie and that ended his ballet dancing, the head injury messed up his balance.

All the times I have seen The Nutcracker, the little kids always amazed me, whether they messed up, or were perfect.

Because if they didn't have the skills, and commitment they wouldn't be on stage.

I wish that were able to get tickets this year, but they are all sold out.

Glad you enjoyed your time.

ARman

Posts: 3157 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Took the wife to see it for the first time at the San Francisco Ballet. I didn't understand it that time. Then it morphed to watching it at various venues over the years when the chance presents itself.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19719 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
I have seen The Nutcracker ballet numerous times.
I have seen the Cincinnati Ballet, the Moscow State Ballet, and the Louisville Ballet (which always has the Louisville Orchestra playing the music live, instead of recorded music), and I must say that the Louisville Ballet was the best!

I have seen performances on T.V., and YouTube and again, the Louisville Ballet was the best. They are outstanding.

One year, my friends son was in it, as one of the background dancers. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it.

My friends son asked to take ballet, and was quite good. He received a head injury on the school bus,by a bullie and that ended his ballet dancing, the head injury messed up his balance.

All the times I have seen The Nutcracker, the little kids always amazed me, whether they messed up, or were perfect.

Because if they didn't have the skills, and commitment they wouldn't be on stage.

I wish that were able to get tickets this year, but they are all sold out.

Glad you enjoyed your time.

ARman

I’ve been to the Louisville ballet nutcracker performance probably about a dozen times (family tradition) and it’s hands down the best I’ve seen. It does the best job of capturing the magic of being a child at Christmas.

Posts: 732 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
At one point, the main little kid accidentally ran into one of the other little girls (same age as him), she gave him the stink eye until somebody off stage caught her attention. LOL

The boy's mother, coincidentally named Karen, said to the little girl, "It was an accident, bitch!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10716 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Ballet is good for the soul. Good for the arteries as well. ;-)

History of the Nutcracker. The origin of the Nutcracker, a classic Christmas Story, is a fairy tale ballet in two acts centered on a family's Christmas Eve celebration. Alexandre Dumas Père's adaptation of the story by E.T.A. Hoffmann was set to music by Tchaikovsky and originally choreographed by Marius Petipa. https://www.nutcracker.com/abo...istory-of-nutcracker

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post