SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Drones swamp US-Mexico border but federal agents powerless to stop them
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drones swamp US-Mexico border but federal agents powerless to stop them Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
So you talked about the first sentence, what about the one I quoted?

And please show me where I mentioned banning anything. Or mentioned that the government should "solve" it. Thanks.

The one you took out of context? I addressed it in context with the first sentence.

Of course you didn't say anything about banning anything. I was putting words in your mouth like you did with me.

Posts: 11010 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
So you talked about the first sentence, what about the one I quoted?

And please show me where I mentioned banning anything. Or mentioned that the government should "solve" it. Thanks.

The one you took out of context? I addressed it in context with the first sentence.

Of course you didn't say anything about banning anything. I was putting words in your mouth like you did with me.

Reductio ad absurdam has long been a useful device in oratorical and logical presentations, not so much as a way of life.

But only to those who know when they are using it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Morabe said it's not a matter of lawmakers not wanting to act but that they are tied to donations from the telecommunications industry, which is adamantly opposed to counter-drone machines because it would rely on their networks to send a signal to the drone as it jams the drone's mission instructions.

"In recent conversations, lawmakers of both parties have said that it’s because it's a powerful lobbying group — the telecommunications industry — that it would take another terrible act of 9/11 with a drone to force Congress to make the changes right away," said Morabe.

WTF is the author is this article talking about? Very poorly written, and I'm doubting much of what I quoted here. How would counter-drone machines rely on "their networks" to send a signal to the drone????

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Domcintosh, am I correct in assuming drones powered by electrical motors have small heat and radar signatures?

For all these conundrums, I ask what are the Israelis doing? Before we reinvent the wheel, I suspect they already have multiple working solutions.
Yes on the small heat signature on the small Unmanned Systems. Radar cross section, due to materials and size, is also slim.

The problem with jamming these drones is choosing which frequencies to jam. The majority of the control frequencies pass over 2.4 ghz, or 5 ghz. These are the smaller drones; separately, we could operate in various UHF frequencies.

The larger trick is collecting the frequency via RF monitoring, analyzing and correlating it to a command and control signal, and then over riding that signal with a disruptive command.

The Drone Killer gun does not send new command signals. It just jams the receiver on the drone, putting it into a loss of signal mode.

The largest problem is the issue of how to engage the drone. The FAA modernization act calls them aircraft, and its a felony to interfere in flight activity.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post