SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colin Powell Has passed away
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colin Powell Has passed away Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
So basically he was the James Comey of the US Army…..

Found on another forum:

I remember the messaging that was used to sell the Iraq war. Powell was painted as the cautious, pacifist diplomat who favoured a peaceful solution. So when he changed his mind and supported going to war it was sort of sold as “look at Powell, even this former pacifist has now realised military action is the only viable option to the Saddam problem”.

He knew he was being used to sell the war to those with doubts. He knew the intelligence he presented at the UN was suspect and outright faulty. He knowingly went up and presented it as unquestionable truth anyway. If he truly was a man of integrity and honour he would’ve resigned his position prior to lying to the world.

But it wasn’t the first time. He was also in the same unit that committed the My Lai massacre in Vietnam. He was assigned to investigate an internal complaint about war crimes the unit was committing, but dismissed it as false without investigation.

He’s just as bad a war criminal, if not worse, than W, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz etc.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Let's be fair about it.

https://www.aol.com/news/colin...adict-173102221.html

"Colin Powell's death doesn't contradict efficacy of coronavirus vaccines, experts say" Roll Eyes

It just never ends. Let's be fair? Yes, please. Let's be fair and soak up more propaganda from the leftist media and these medical frauds.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I’m going to correct some thing here… Despite the fact that I despise that man. He did not lie at the UN.

The shit that was stolen by the lunatic private (who later turned into a girl), was uploaded to WikiLeaks run by Julian Assange.

It’s quite clear the military hid the fact about chemical IED‘s all over Iraq. This was a real problem and a lot of people got injured from them. Our own troops.

Bush didn’t want it out that Al-Qaeda had actually acquired these weapons, and Obama never wanted to give evidence that Bush was correct about WMDs. But they were there.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
While I was in service in 1971 I heard a lot of rumors that Powell was an anointed child, and no one was to hinder his progress thru the ranks.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
He was reportedly fully vaccinated by the way. If they're really blaming the Chinese flu for his death, that doesn't speak well for the vaccine.
Yep. On both points.
You boys are missing the obvious here. If Powell had only had a booster he might still be alive, will become the new talking point. The issue of Powell dying after being vaccinated will be discounted in favor of pushing more boosters.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Weaseldriver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
If I am not misrembering what I read in General Norman Schwarzkopf's book "It Doesn't Take A Hero" after the war, he had some rather unflattering comments about Powell

I think you're misremembering. Powell spoke at Schwarzkopf's funeral and they did many joint engagements after the war. It was Tommy Franks who he thought moved too slow on pressing the attack.

Posts: 468 | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roarindan:
While I was in service in 1971 I heard a lot of rumors that Powell was an anointed child, and no one was to hinder his progress thru the ranks.
Yes , he was. When 'Nam was over he went to college and did Academics and D!(k sucking. He was only interested in his grooming,. never the Troops !

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Oh well, he died, umm bye.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Sigh, I waited for 3 pages now. Guess I hafta do this one myself.....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I encountered him in Iraq and heard him speak when he was on the circuit. I may not have always appreciated his politics, but I have great respect for what he accomplished.

Rest In Peace, sir.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I can't think of anything good to say about him.

Yup, 84 is a good run.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was Tommy Franks who he thought moved too slow on pressing the attack.

Wrong Franks. It was Fred Franks, who commanded VII Corps, that Schwarzkopf thought was moving too slow. After the war, I heard General Franks say on AFN Radio that if General Schwarzkopf thought VII Corps was moving too slow, then it was his (Franks) fault.

Also, in an earlier post about where he would be buried, General Powell was not a graduate of West Point, so it is unlikely he would be buried there. My guess would be Arlington.

Posts: 201 | Location: Boyce, VA | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Media: It was Covid!!! It was Covid!!!

Then we find out he was vaccinated.

Today media: It was cancer!! It was cancer!!

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Kurt Schlichter’s column on Colin Powell.

https://townhall.com/columnist...oomer-elite-n2597632

But these 2 lines pretty much sum up the column:

“Colin Powell is a prime example of that passing generation of the elite and the current crisis of leadership in our country. Many who knew him respected him greatly, and attempts to turn him into a comical failure are as meritless as those who seek to make him an icon. He was a mixed bag, as most of us are – though Washington seems to have more sacks of unmitigated Schiff than anywhere else.” …

“But the American people did not reject Colin Powell and his ilk because the American people are bad, but because the elite is so bad at being elite. In DC, they will mourn Powell as a secular saint. In the rest of America, people will shrug.”

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will view his death much like a situation I had years ago with a manager within our company. He had pulled some shady undertakings dealing with his staff.

I called him out and reported him to upper management. I received severe criticism since some felt I should have compassion for his severe medical problems.

My answer:

"If he lives through the night, he will be a live S.O.B. If he dies during the night, he will be a dead S.O.B. Either way, God makes the life or death decision. The S.O.B. label he earned himself and I applied it appropriately!"

Death is not a pardon of all sins. It just marks the end of the grading period.

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Colin Powell endorses Hillary Clinton
Colin Powell, a Republican former secretary of state, said Tuesday that he would be voting for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton for president. Powell told members of the Long Island Association, a trade group, that Clinton, a Democratic former secretary of state and ex-senator, had served the country with "distinction" and demonstrated her "experience and stamina" on the job, according to people who attended the event. Powell also said Clinton's Republican rival, billionaire businessman Donald Trump, was inexperienced politically, and had insulted a "huge swath of people." Paule Pachter, a Long Island Association board member, said Powell talked about Trump's message, "which really paints our country in a negative light across the globe with all our allies."

NEWSDAYTHE NEW YORK TIMES

https://theweek.com/10things/6...oday-october-26-2016

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Colin Powell got where he was because he was black, not in spite of it. One shouldn't respect that.

He was a racist, he was a leftist, and now he's dead. As someone else said previously and eloquently, AMF.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
At least the flags are no longer at half staff here.

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post