SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update from Rainman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update from Rainman Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
Well, I have been at my Mom's for 5 weeks now.
She was released from Rehab last Friday.
I expect to be here another 3 weeks, hoping she will be independent by then.

She is still upset at having an Ostomy bag, but is still better than the alternative.

I miss being home, but being here has been a real inspiration for her rapid recovery. She is ahead of all the "schedules". She was supposed to have a home nurse visit three times a week.
First visit, she said my mom was doing so well, she will only visit once a week.

Thanks for your prayers and support, I miss you guys and hope April will have me back to normal!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you.
And especially good to hear that your Mom's procedure has gone well for her!

Please pass on to her our good wishes for a continuing trouble-free recovery.

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news.

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Great news! Continued prayers your way!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that your mom is recovering so quickly.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Great news, will keep you all in my prayers

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Keep spoiling her, our mom's all did it for us. I'm sure it is incredibly hard to see your mom not well.

You are a good guy for doing this and you know she appreciates it whole heartedly.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Keep plugging along Rainman, and God bless you all!

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am glad she is doing well. My best to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s very good news, hope everyone’s spirits are lifted. Our prayers continue.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
You’re a good son.

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she is doing so good. Praying for her speedy recovery. Take care of your self at the same time.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We miss you too. Hurry back!

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Good news. Glad to hear she is doing better.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Good to hear that she is recovering so well.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Great news, Rainman! Continued prayers for your mom and you too.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Very good news!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good report RM. Prayer for your mom, you and your bride. All stay strong. Your family, wife and friends are all very lucky to have you!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post