SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Magic The Gathering and how my procrastination paid off
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magic The Gathering and how my procrastination paid off Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Cool chain of events. Glad it paid off for you.

All I have is a 1991 Todd Marinovich Rookie Card. I took at it to a card shop and the owner said if I paid him $10 he would throw it away for me. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
A fun segment of Antiques Roadshow from about a year ago.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

$112K? I think the base Porsche 911 is $109K. Get the manual.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Congrats!!!

$112K? I think the base Porsche 911 is $109K. Get the manual.

LOL. Yes, but the resulting transaction would cost me a wife, so I'm going to have to pass on that deal. Wink

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That is pretty awesome. What a cool story to finish a pretty crappy week.

Thank you for sharing that!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I got into it around the 4th edition set. I still have all of my cards and playable decks. I know they are worth thousands, but I still don’t think I’d sell them. My wife and I still play occasionally.

I have a killer fun red/green land destruction deck.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
I got into it around the 4th edition set. I still have all of my cards and playable decks. I know they are worth thousands, but I still don’t think I’d sell them. My wife and I still play occasionally.

I have a killer fun red/green land destruction deck.

I’d be scanning them all in and making a home made deck from the scans and be selling away.

Man I really need to find my collection.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25357 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I had a few hundred MtG cards but those were all cheapies bought for a specific purpose. About 25 years ago my friend was almost suicidal when his girlfriend left him. For about a month I would play MtG with him in the evenings to take his mind off of the break-up. I was rather fond of the Redwood Ent cards. So that was my brief stint with MtG. As an instrment of distraction MtG served its purpose.

Because I had owned a board game called 'Arabian Nights', and owned the Richard Burton translation of 'The 1001 Nights', and some translations of Ibn al'Arabi, and Mansur al'Halaj, and Rumi I wanted to buy a deck of the Dervish Edition for sentimental reasons. Even back then the Arabian Nights deck was spendy. Too spendy for me then and now.

OP, enjoy and make the best use of your boon wealth.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

I’d be scanning them all in and making a home made deck from the scans and be selling away.

Man I really need to find my collection.

Seriously considering that. Not a big eBay fan, so I'm wondering what the best option to sell would be. I went through them last night and found out I could have at least a couple of grand worth. Cool

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post