SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Custom Holster recomendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Holster recomendations Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Nightingale holsters. Kevin Nightingale is a member here.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.highnoonholsters.c...del_multiselect=3695

they used to put thumb straps on per request.
I have one that is 15 years old.

give them a call

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Grizzle, my nizzle.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a holster made by DM Bullard. Work is fantastic and quality matches. Good luck - there are many good holster out there.

Posts: 219 | Location: PA | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input.

After many emails, phone calls and searching I decided to order a:
Mitch Rosen 5 JR with thumb break. I got full detailing and the liner. It will be in black.
$230 after shipping.

Now to wait... 6-8 weeks.

BTW, Rosen was only company to answer the phone, and my questions immediately.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I'm a fan of Nightingale holsters. Kevin Nightingale is a member here.

I've got a couple of Kevins IWB holsters and one OWB with thumb strap and they are awesome. Very well made. The problem is that his wait times are way out there. If you want it quickly, you may want to look elsewhere.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
$230 after shipping.

Holy SHIT, $230 for a holster.

Posts: 1784 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I third El Paso Saddlery. I've had a few duty/off-duty holsters, duty belts and ranger belts from them, and I keep going back for good reasons. You just can't go wrong with their products.

Also, I've made it out there a few times, and I wasn't impressed with what I saw other than their products. It is or was pretty much a small walk up counter with several products on the counter with no real showroom. Also, the nondescript building is next to a railroad track that runs across the road it's on, and it seems like a public entrance into the building was an afterthought. However, ask to go in the back to see the operation, and you will be impressed. They also have many bins in the back filled with products so you may not have to wait for what you want.

My last holster from them was for my Hk VP9, and I was happy they already had a few already produced in their bins so I didn't have to order it. I since sold the pistol with the holster, and I was sad to see that holster go as much as the pistol.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1217 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I liked Nightingale, the Osprey OWB in particular.

With same options however, I was looking at $270, plus shipping, and a 28 week wait time.

He also did not show any pic's with a thumb strap in that particular holster.

Grizzle has beautiful work, stunning, but I do not care for that style thumb strap...Just my preference, that's all.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Grizzle, my nizzle.

Fo shizzle.

(Seriously, I don't own a Grizzle holster, but from the many photos, I don't think there are many that can exceed his quality.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite
http://store.dmbullardleather.com/

Still waters run deep, so careful I don't drown you.

Posts: 148 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post