SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Custom Holster recomendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Holster recomendations Login/Join 
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted
I recently purchased a Dan Wesson Valor.

I would like to carry it in a belt holster, pancake style with a thumb strap.

I have seen BRL's work, fantastic, but he isn't taking orders.

Can you recommend others that you have had good experience with?

I want nice, not cheap. DeSantis works well, but seems fairly poor quality.

Thanks!

Doug

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simply rugged makes a nice pancake holster.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
They look ok, but no thumb strap...

I like the leather more molded to the gun, and want a thumb strap for it.

Mitch Rosen, BRL, seems more to my interest, just checking others experience.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Did you check out R Grizzle (forum member Country Boy)?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Check out El Paso and Don Hume. And Kramer.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i have a Mitch Rosen PREMIER-FD for my p229 i like the quality the 5jr has a thumb break

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
MTR Custom Leather
They made a WML holster for my PPS, very high quality.

Here are their OWB offerings.

https://www.mtrcustomleather.c...e-the-waistband-owb/

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Awesome suggestions, helps a lot, thanks so much!

Will continue researching!

posted Hide Post
I have a couple pieces of R. Grizzle leather and am very pleased.

Posts: 5203 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kelly gunleather out of Phoenix, Steve will work with you and make what you want. I have a C flex with a thumb brake that I use on my motorcycle and four wheelers

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Go to town: Compiled List of Gunleather, Gun Holster and Gunbelt Makers Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
With no disrespect to holster makers currently active on the forum, but I've used High Noon Holsters.

They worked with me on two new-to-market pistols without me pulling out calibers or doing a SIG RMA or two until things fit. ("SIG" is German for RMA.) HNH has great leather and build quality in general. I got on to their stuff when Don Hume killed their webstore and HNH made a couple visits here ages ago.

High Noon Holsters ... currently running a 25% off sale.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Mitch Rosen is my favorite holster.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My absolute favorite custom holster maker
is www.thorshammercustomleather.com
His shop is in Tucson. I've used him for
my yaqui holsters. He makes anything you want.
He doesn't use a machine to cut or stitch...all
by hand seriously custom.
Stay safe.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I can enthusiastically recommend RGrizzle. Ryan makes a beautiful holster.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5291 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Bought one of these from Davis Leather just about a month ago. Excellent workmanship and materials and a time tested design!

Davis Leather

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4842 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Maybe we could move this thread to the holster sticky in hopes of continuing to list info where we can always find it?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5218 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
Some awesome suggestions, thanks!

I am leaning towards Mitch Rosen, a 5JR w/ Thumb Break. The optional lining will take it to $215...

Really intriguing options, will continue to look over suggestions.