SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I can’t believe I sold my tundra
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can’t believe I sold my tundra Login/Join 
posted
Couple years back I purchased a 2018 tundra doable cab with the 4.6, loved the truck but it just did not handle towing well, so I was on a look out for a tundra with the 5.7.
Few months back I found the one, 2019 Crewmax TRD sport with 26k miles.
Couple days after I purchased it my FIL was visiting and really liked my truck. He has also been on a hunt for a tundra. After two months, he finally talked me out of it. I gave in and sold it to him.
I replaced it with a 2020 f-150 5.0.
Still can’t believe I sold the Tundra.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Fisher plow and 1-1/2 yard sander. If it wasn’t for that, I’d own a Tundra!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
You dropped from a TUNDRA to a F150? Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Ya came out the better on the deal.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
You dropped from a TUNDRA to a F150? Smile

My first thought as well. Maybe he actually enjoys fixing vehicles. Razz

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Maybe he actually enjoys fixing vehicles. Razz

I'm pretty sure the Ford came with a dog. It's company to walk home with him when the Ford breaks down... Big Grin

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^that’s funny

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a down grade. I do enjoy working on vehicles lol.
I actually owned a f-150 with 5.0 a while back and put 60k trouble free miles on it.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Ah you can't go wrong with a truck in this country. Toyotas are great but so are Fords in their own way, the F150 probably gets more engineering resources allocated than any other platform in the company.

I think the newer Ford drivetrains are impressive.

I traded in my old Tacoma for a newer BMW, so you are talking to an insane person FWIW.

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a Toyota Highlander so no experience with the Tundra. Also own a F150 with about 60k miles on it. The Ford has been as dependable as the Toyota. Additionally, I enjoy the driving comfort of the F150 over the Highlander.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Just last night I began considering a heavier duty truck. I could buy a nicer newer one if I sell my 2010. Trouble is, I love my Tundra. Yikes.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Honestly, there are no true pos trucks being manufactured; they can’t afford to lose the market share- if you look around you’ll see pickups are still selling like hotcakes.

That said, I love my slightly underpowered 03 Tundra access cab with the 4.7 plant.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Honestly, there are no true pos trucks being manufactured; they can’t afford to lose the market share- if you look around you’ll see pickups are still selling like hotcakes.

That said, I love my slightly underpowered 03 Tundra access cab with the 4.7 plant.

You think that's underpowered? Try the same truck with the 3.4 V6 which I drove from 2005 to 2017. It was a 2004 5-speed and I loved that truck but ended up selling (almost giving it) to my son and it still runs like the day I got it. I had the timing belt, tensioner, and water pump done just before he got it at 90,000 miles and that's it, other than fluid, spark plug, and filter changes. It still has the original brake pads.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Your FIL must be very persuasive.

First he talks you into taking a daughter off his hands. Then he takes your truck. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
Your FIL must be very persuasive.

First he talks you into taking a daughter off his hands. Then he takes your truck. Big Grin

That’s funny