SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Welcome to NATO, Finland!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome to NATO, Finland! Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
While Sweden's bid to joint NATO has been delayed by the bastard Erdogan, the Scandinavian countries and Finland have agreed to operate their air forces jointly

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ It's not just air assets; they're jointly developing service rifles

I knew about the joint F-35s and the joint rifles, but didn't realize until now that Finland, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway have also developed and adopted a common field uniform, the "Nordic Combat Uniform System".

Like the planes and rifles, this had been in the works for several years before Sweden and Finland applied for NATO membership.

Below is shown the European configuration. There's also warmer weather versions for Jungle and Desert.

Outer garments will also be produced in versions featuring each country's distinctive camo patterns.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Their artillery looks a bit antiquated in the photo above.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's a display of historical cannon at the Armed Forces Museum at Akershus Castle in Oslo, Norway.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Their artillery looks a bit antiquated in the photo above.

Oscarsborg Fortress was equipped with obsolete Krupp guns and 40 year old Whitehead Torpedoes. And they sank the KMS Blucher, Germany's brand new heavy cruiser. That bought the Norwegian Royals time to evacuate Oslo and start the trek and eventually form a government in exile.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
From what I’ve gleaned about the Finns, I’m gratified they are NATO members.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post