SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Warn your kids: skull breaker challenge - latest viral challenge on social media
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warn your kids: skull breaker challenge - latest viral challenge on social media Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Coming soon.... The wood chipper dive challenge

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Already been done... Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Coming soon.... The wood chipper dive challenge

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2050 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have a very difficult time dealing with the range of insane activities children today participate in. When I was a kid probably the most dangerous thing was climbing a tree and breaking an arm from a fall (and there were very few such cases). Our mothers constantly warned us about running with scissors, battling with sticks (could put an eye out), and many other potentially hazardous activities (and we typically ignored them). Somehow we survived. That being said, none of us ever did any of the really stupid stuff that kids today come up with.

I'm guessing that social media is part of the problem--one idiot comes up with an insane idea and uses SM to sell it as a great plan to many others, and some will go along with it just to be "woke"--to show they are not afraid to try it. Then they use SM to spread the idea further.

Possibly another contributing factor is that children's lives have been sanitized (made safe) so much in today's culture that many have never really experienced being hurt in play. All possibly hurtful things have been eliminated from "playgrounds" now that kids just don't get hurt very often. They grow up without having learned that some things can hurt you and they need to be conscious of what they are doing.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I watched the video and the kid getting swept is duped into being the victim. It's nothing more than the knockout game dressed as a scam. Criminal and felonious.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Damn idiots!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I watched the video and the kid getting swept is duped into being the victim. It's nothing more than the knockout game dressed as a scam. Criminal and felonious.

I’d never even heard of the knockout game. That’s unbelievable.

And the sad thing about this new game, is that I could see the victim would probably just be trying to get along, or make friends. I could easily see my own kid saying, sure, ok, I’ll play with you.
The kids perpetrating the game should be charged, and I’m glad some have been.

I hate the idea that I already have to tell my child not only to be suspicious of random adults, but now other children, too. Basically I’m getting to the point of teaching him not to trust anyone before the age of 10.. what a shit situation.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
What's next, the catch a bullet with your teeth challenge?

Posts: 1545 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
Thank God they're not smoking pot!

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post