SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for our Arizonut friends
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for our Arizonut friends Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
∆ ∆ ∆ Worst weather report, ever ∆ ∆ ∆

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54669 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
i was working june 26, 1990, the day it was 122.

Me too!
We had a 2 alarm fire in the morning and a 3 alarm fire that afternoon. That was fugly!!!
(The fires weren’t that “big” we just needed a BUNCH of bodies to rotate through the fire, then rehab)

which fire dep't?

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally decided that it was time to put the summer bed clothes on.....not much need for an electric blanket these days. My good old "swamp cooler" is doing a magnificent job these days, and will continue to do so until the summer rains come......then turn on the A/C!!

Posts: 6627 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Live in Prescott valley work in cottonwood- very tolerable climate not like the “valley” ( Phoenix region) after at work all day in the A/C I actually look forward to being in my hot car ( dash said 99 when I left work today) use my A/c less now than when I lived in the northeast

Posts: 3296 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we tied the record yesterday, but today is going to me much cooler

its only going to be 103

yippee

Posts: 53206 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
With nearly every square foot paved over for 50 miles in any direction, Phoenix has a "heat island" effect that doesn't let it cool off at night. In summer it can be 3 AM and still 100. There is also the occasional massive dust storm, known as a "haboob." It makes up for it by being pleasant in the winter and your car not rusting. (I lived in the area in the mid-2000s.)

Posts: 27974 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
We live in North Scottsdale, so our neighborhood is about ten degrees cooler than the "Valley." Yesterday, I had to take care of some issues there and it was "only" 104 degrees. Yes, 94 degrees is nicer. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10206 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In summer it can be 3 AM and still 100.

by egregore

I was out at 3 a.m. once and three of the bank signs read 103 deg. F,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54669 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
We are up in Cave Creek, about 1000' higher than the valley, so we are only pushing high 90s and low 100s. You get use to the temps after awhile, so now if it is under 100 and in the shade or even around 90 in the sun it isn't too bad. The lack of clouds and humidity makes the temperature swing about 20 degrees once the sun goes down. We love it here, much better than S. Florida with it's more moderate temps, but stupidly high humidity.

Posts: 1505 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too!
We had a 2 alarm fire in the morning and a 3 alarm fire that afternoon. That was fugly!!!
(The fires weren’t that “big” we just needed a BUNCH of bodies to rotate through the fire, then rehab)

which fire dep't?

Phoenix. Now happily retired for 10 years. Big Grin

We bought a house 100 miles North.
Hello 4700 feet, goodbye Valley of Hell.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I can see Arizona from here....only about 95 here today.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
It's so hot...you don't pick up a gun that's been lying on the table during a cease-fire! Put a towel over it or something!

We live just NW of Tucson now, after living on Tucson's Eastside for 18 years. It gets just as hot here, of course. Got stationed here in 2001 coming from an assignment in Germany; we've gotten used to the heat for the most part. Plus, we have a place up in the White Mountains of Arizona at 7100' where we can go to cool off and relax. I grew up in Florida, and I DO NOT miss the humidity AT ALL! They say "It's a dry heat" is a cliche, but it holds true for the most part. Standing in the sun when it's 105 or 110 can be brutal, but standing in the shade isn't bad at all. Of course, I work indoors, so I can't really speak for working outside except when I do things around the house. For those things, you get up early and do them before it gets hot. For example, this week I've been getting up at 0330 hrs to ride my bicycle. Today when I got home from work I thought about riding, but it was 102, so I'll just get up early tomorrow (day off) and ride when it's still nice. I guess I am an "Arizonut" because I love it here! Cool

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Well.......At 6200' in the high desert my wife didn't put plants in the ground for the garden till last week. Forecast says no more frosts for the year, but we have have contingency plans. Currently 41 degrees here at 4am. A high of 80ish today with 16mph wind will knock that down to pretty awesome.

My only real complaint about the weather has been the damned wind. I've got about 800 rounds of varying loads to test and I can't catch a break on the wind. Today I am gonna try and catch the wind sleeping and I have everything ready to go at first light.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
My only real complaint about the weather has been the damned wind.

Not just where you are, at a higher elevation, AZ is a windy state in general. Though our winds down here aren't as severe as yours, it is a rare calm day.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too!

which fire dep't?

Phoenix. Now happily retired for 10 years. Big Grin

We bought a house 100 miles North.
Hello 4700 feet, goodbye Valley of Hell.

thanks, i came to phx in '82 to fly for phx baptist/survival flight & worked with many, of some of 1st state certified paramedics in az. from phx, glendale, mesa, tempe & we probably knew some of the same folk's with pfd.

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post