SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much cash do you carry?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much cash do you carry? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
20-220. I get 200 at the ATM and then refill it when it gets down to 20. Use Apple Pay for most things, but for things like haircuts and some restaurants, I do cash.

Posts: 3337 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
EDC is between $100 and $200 cash in a money clip. When I get below $100 I add $100 in mixed denominations.
In my car I carry a small coin dispenser (nickels, dimes, quarters) because my wife and I explore SW PA and many smaller towns still have parking meters. There might be $7 in the dispenser.
I have $20, $10 and $5 bills folded in my wallet for emergency use.

Yes, I was a boy scout and I like to be prepared.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 720 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Usually at least $1200.

Eek Why?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24137 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
EDC is between $100 and $200 cash in a money clip. When I get below $100 I add $100 in mixed denominations.
In my car I carry a small coin dispenser (nickels, dimes, quarters) because my wife and I explore SW PA and many smaller towns still have parking meters. There might be $7 in the dispenser.
I have $20, $10 and $5 bills folded in my wallet for emergency use.

Yes, I was a boy scout and I like to be prepared.

About the same here. I keep a hidden hundred and the rest for every day use.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24137 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm carrying more cash lately - both more smaller bills for tips and maybe $200 in larger bills.

Any tips are left as cash so it's more likely the person serving receives the full tip. Paying some private mechanics, grocery stores, and restaurants in cash lets me pay them directly without letting a bank take a cut. Sometimes when I offer to pay in cash they lower the total.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
between $50 and $600

I'm using cash, a lot more these days.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2013 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Around $100, plus a folded $50 bill in my card wallet. I use cash more often the last several years.

Posts: 13283 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a standard bifold and a pocket/slim. The slim has <$50 and a low limit credit card. The other has at least $500, a few blank checks from different banks, my DL, Passport ID Card, higher limit credit cards and bank debit cards.

In NH it's easy to carry both in cold weather. When it's warmer out or if I'm in Puerto Rico the more valuable wallet will get locked in my vehicle when I'm out or stored in a hidden compartment in a backpack while the slim wallet is always in the front pocket. I've never been mugged but should that ever happen I'm happy to give them the slim.

Posts: 816 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually 40-60 on my person depends on the situation but I keep $100 in small bills stashed in my vehicle as "get home money." You never know when something will happen and you will need some extra cash for emergencies. I was caught away from home a few years ago. I had been to the doctor; paid my co-pay with a credit card around 8:00 am no problem. A couple hours later I was needing to buy gas to get home and there was a "computer glitch" in the area and everything was down. I did not have enough gas to get home. You could only get buy gas with cash...I whipped out some my "emergency cash" filled up and drove home. Don't know what I would done without it because I had left my other cash at home that day and I do not carry checks in my vehicle.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
99.9% of my transactions are Apple Pay/Debit/Credit Card. The only routine thing I pay cash for is our monthly shooting match fee and I just visit the ATM before the match. I do keep $20 in my wallet for emergencies.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Usually at least $1200.

Eek Why?

^^^^
He's a sailor.... Big Grin

For me, $20-40.

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Usually zero cash.

I use a credit card to buy almost everything.

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
My main wallet has between zero and $60 dollars in it. I keep 3 to 5 c-notes folded and stashed inside at all times.

I learned a long time ago cash is King. There are certain times in life when being able to negotiate with money in hand creates leverage.

Cheers~

Posts: 906 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Rarely any for the past several years. If I do, it's usually under $100, but I don't purposely take out cash to carry unless I plan on going somewhere out of town.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Now, very little. When I was working and out and around usually $2k +/- $500. I have bought some cheap stuff a time or two because right place right time with cash in hand from broke co-workers etc.

Almost all plastic now with cash back cards, or sometimes a check if it saves a surcharge for plastic.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cparktd,

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
$50-150 in my money clip and another $20-40 folded down in my wallet in case I forget my clip.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I usually get $300-$400 from the bank.

When it runs out I use my ATM card until I make it back to the bank and replenish my wallet.

Cash hurts more when you pull it out vs swipes and keeps me from going crazy and buying stupid stuff.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3487 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
$547 right now...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Around $140.00, a $100 bill tucked in my wallet, about $40.00 in a pocket.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3401 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually around $50-$60; when down to about $15 or whatever the current cost of a burger meal I get a few more $20 bills.

Posts: 3225 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post