SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have You Received an Email Like This?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have You Received an Email Like This? Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
When I first got the email, I went into panic mode that lasted almost a minute till I remember getting something like this before and even the way it was written set off the scam alarm. I may have even posted that one here on SF too. Doing a search on Google and Google Earth showed serious inconsistencies. I only saved the email long enough to copy paste into a word document so I could post it here. Then I used a program I have to bounce the email back to them as if I didn’t exist.

I remember reading a book many many years ago that started out in a warehouse in Cuba (I think) where they had a guy hanging from his feet naked. The got him spinning around and while he was spinning they made an incision around his waste, then pealed his skin off over his head while he was still alive. Grotesque as all get out, and that horrible image has stuck with me for probably more than 30 years, but it seems like it would be an appropriate punishment for spammers. Total scum.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Could also be a brushing scam, but it’s definitely a scam of some sort.

They’ll want something from you, no doubt.

Look at this syntax and terminology, it’s definitely foreigners trying to scam you:

quote:

If you did not place this order please call us on +1 (800) 585-1723
To ensure your safety, the Delivery Agent will drop the package at your doorstep, ring the doorbell and then move back 2 meters while waiting for you to collect your package.
We hope to see you again soon.

Yes, the email was full of stuff like that. Obvious that it was not from any legal seller.

---------------
Gary

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
I google searched the phone number and a Vacation Rental place in Columbus Ohio popped up

800-585-1723

https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/colu...ls-llc-0302-70106138

That's exactly what I got within minutes of receiving the email.

---------------
Gary

Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Spammers & scammers are endless. Last fall xfinity made some changes.
Despite efforts to eliminate I still get a couple dozen bogus warnings etc about
impending account crisis needing immediate contact at this Hotmail address.

I had a roofing contractor here yesterday to get the info to give me an estimate on putting a new roof on my house. He said he just got a new business phone recently and within two days he was getting telemarketing calls. I didn’t ask him who he had the phone with, but will when I talk to him tomorrow. Sounds like his cell service provider sells phone numbers.

---------------
Gary

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
On our land line phone I've been getting recorded messages for the last couple weeks saying that my identity will be completely erased if I don't call them back & verify my info.

For a while I was getting regular calls from some guy from the "IRS" with a heavy Middle Eastern accent, telling me that I owed lots of money & I needed to call them & straighten it out, or they'd have me arrested. One day I answered and was asking questions, like I was really interested. Then I asked, "Are all you goat fuckers really child molesters?" The rude SOB hung up on me, and never called back! I never even got around to giving him my credit card number, so I could get out of trouble with the "IRS."Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post